This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 vs Resident Evil 4

#1goon56Posted 10/3/2012 6:20:33 AM
ok i have RE4 and 5 but for some reason i liked RE4 better even tho it doesent have online play, but i was thinking bout getting resident evil 6, i played the demo and i liked it, but i want to know is it longer and more fun to play then RE4?
#2superbowl54Posted 10/3/2012 6:24:07 AM
6 > 5 > 4

Same generic action game with absolutely no thought or scares involved, but coop is fun. 4 lacks coop, thus it's by default the worst.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Uncharted 3, Metro 2033, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Dragon's Dogma
#3icewolf74Posted 10/3/2012 6:28:46 AM
Resident Evil 4 will ALWAYS be my favorite game in the series (I've been playing them since the very first game on the Playstation back in 95). However, I hated Resident Evil 5. I mean the gameplay wasn't bad but I just didn't care for the African setting and shooting up Africans who turned in plant-looking zombies. Also, the story didn't grasp me the way RE4's story did.

With that said, I just started RE6 and I can tell I am already going to love this more than RE5. It's not better than RE4 (Honestly, I don't think any RE game will match the greatness of that game) but it is sure better than RE5. So far, RE6 is shaping to be my second favorite Resident Evil game with Code Veronica being my 3rd favorite and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis being my fourth favorite.

I like the atmosphere of RE6 (returning back to the city and the tension of worrying about being surrounded by enemies), I like the streamlined gameplay with very little on the screen to inhibit the gameplay experience and of course, I like the running while shooting. Finally, all of the popular characters from the Resident Evil games are in this. Well Leon and Chris that is. So far, the story seems to be shaping up quite nicely too. Oh yeah, the graphics are pretty awesome.

I hope this information helps you out a bit. =)
#4este914Posted 10/3/2012 6:32:55 AM
goon56 posted...
ok i have RE4 and 5 but for some reason i liked RE4 better even tho it doesent have online play, but i was thinking bout getting resident evil 6, i played the demo and i liked it, but i want to know is it longer and more fun to play then RE4?

Well, is it longer, yes I would say the main campaign is probably a couple hours longer. (they say RE6 clocks in at over 20 hours with all of the combined characters campaigns.)
I think RE4 took me about 18 hours to complete first time.
Is it more fun to play then RE4? Well, they are 2 different types of games so that's up to you to decide.
Get it and play it.
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#5SightoPosted 10/3/2012 6:43:24 AM
2 > 3 > 1 >>>>>>>> 6 > 4 > 5
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#6LinkMaster2703Posted 10/3/2012 6:47:54 AM
Anyone who honestly thinks 5 or 6 is better than 4 is probably on drugs. 4 is one of the best games of all time, easily.
---
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS), The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave (3DS)
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/C_Dalke.png
#7Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 10/3/2012 6:49:29 AM
Well, is it longer, yes I would say the main campaign is probably a couple hours longer.

It's also tense, oozes atmosphere and has some incredibly creative enemy and boss designs. RE5, which I really liked, is a fairly competent (if not outright shameless) copy of RE4, but that spark of ingenuity is missing
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#8SightoPosted 10/3/2012 6:49:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9icewolf74Posted 10/3/2012 7:02:28 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Anyone who honestly thinks 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 or Code Veronica is better than 4 is probably on drugs. 4 is one of the best games of all time, easily.

Fixed. =)
#10RPG maniac87Posted 10/3/2012 7:19:17 AM
Lolwolf74
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)