This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#131Kingmichael1337Posted 10/4/2012 6:40:29 PM
Grandy12 posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
but when you do know, you have a responsibility to act.

But if I told you that I KNOW everyone will think something I find immoral, then I have to act against everyone?

yes. or you can prioritize. maybe go to the restaurants that are causing less harm to society than chick-fil-a, even if they're still a little evil.
---
the mods are watching me
#132MegaWentEvilPosted 10/4/2012 6:42:03 PM
I probably hate homophobia and homophobes more than all of you combined, though...

Remember the case where people apologized for being homophobic with signs like:

(Iím Sorry for how the church has treated you)
(I used to be a bible-banging homophobe Ė SORRY!)
(Iím sorry Christians have shunned you)
(Iím sorry Christians judge you)

So! I still view them as homophobes, no matter how much they've changed. I'll treat even ex-homophobes as if they were still homophobic. I'm sorry, I don't believe in redemption!
---
The chosen one.
#133Kingmichael1337Posted 10/4/2012 6:43:53 PM(edited)
Grandy12 posted...
hockeybub89 posted...
From: Kingmichael1337 | Posted: 10/4/2012 9:31:22 PM | #123
hockeybub89 posted...
I don't give two craps what any company believes in. Thinking isn't a crime. This is why I still eat at Chick-fil-a. They might not like gay marriage, but it's not like they're organizing lynch mobs or something. They are entitled to their beliefs.

so you'll patronize any business as long as they aren't committing a crime. if they're doing something horribly immoral, as long as it isn't illegal, you don't really care. you'll shovel their chicken sandwiches into your fat mouth and totally ignore the fact that they're fighting equal rights because it isn't your problem. nice.

Thinking is horribly immoral?

donating to hate groups is.

They do that?

if you're so uninformed on this issue that you didn't know that, you really don't have any business posting on the internet about it. yes, through winshape (their charity organization), they do give money to organizations that support, among other things, harmful conversion therapy (the kind that was just banned for kids in california), discriminating against gay people, etc. some of them have been labeled hate groups by the southern poverty law center.
---
the mods are watching me
#134hockeybub89Posted 10/4/2012 6:43:30 PM
From: Kingmichael1337 | Posted: 10/4/2012 9:40:29 PM | #131
Grandy12 posted...

But if I told you that I KNOW everyone will think something I find immoral, then I have to act against everyone?

yes. or you can prioritize. maybe go to the restaurants that are causing less harm to society than chick-fil-a, even if they're still a little evil.

How are they causing harm to society. The writing is on the wall. Homosexuality is becoming more and more acceptable, and rightfully so. I don't care whether or not every old Southern man agrees with that. I am appalled by abortion, but I'd be kind of a moron to boycott everyone that's pro-choice.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#135Kingmichael1337Posted 10/4/2012 6:46:00 PM
hockeybub89 posted...
From: Kingmichael1337 | Posted: 10/4/2012 9:40:29 PM | #131
Grandy12 posted...

How are they causing harm to society. The writing is on the wall. Homosexuality is becoming more and more acceptable, and rightfully so. I don't care whether or not every old Southern man agrees with that. I am appalled by abortion, but I'd be kind of a moron to boycott everyone that's pro-choice.

and yet it still isn't acceptable in many places, and gay kids are still something like three times more likely to kill themselves by conservative estimates, and etc. so until it's as acceptable as heterosexuality, put down the hate group funding chicken sandwich.
---
the mods are watching me
#136hockeybub89Posted 10/4/2012 6:46:35 PM

So! I still view them as homophobes, no matter how much they've changed. I'll treat even ex-homophobes as if they were still homophobic. I'm sorry, I don't believe in redemption!

Not believing people can change. That's a pretty pessimistic way to view the world. Should everyone that ever went to jail face life imprisonment. I mean, they aren't going to change and they will never be able to redeem themselves, right?
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#137MegaWentEvilPosted 10/4/2012 6:51:27 PM(edited)
Not believing people can change. That's a pretty pessimistic way to view the world. Should everyone that ever went to jail face life imprisonment. I mean, they aren't going to change and they will never be able to redeem themselves, right?

I don't care. After being bullied by a teacher and having to deal with deep depression for 6 whole years of my life, I DO have a right to have zero tolerance towards evil. The world is for the 100% pure.
---
The chosen one.
#138jammiesPosted 10/4/2012 6:54:30 PM
MegaWentEvil posted...

I don't care. After being bullied by a teacher and having to deal with deep depression for 6 whole years of my life, I DO have a right to have zero tolerance towards evil. The world is for the 100% pure.

What defines evil?
Where do you pivot absolute truth?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#139Grandy12Posted 10/4/2012 7:03:00 PM
if you're so uninformed on this issue that you didn't know that, you really don't have any business posting on the internet about it. yes, through winshape (their charity organization), they do give money to organizations that support, among other things, harmful conversion therapy (the kind that was just banned for kids in california), discriminating against gay people, etc.

To Snopes!

*batman cut*

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

Well, woudya look at that, Snopes agrees.

Though, skimming through the text I found nothing about "harmful conversion therapy", just that they donate money for Christian foundations, and are kind of jerks.

Also, there is apparently statement by the Civil Rights Agenda saying that Chick-fil-a made a pledge not to support anti-gay groups or movements. And if the Civil Rights Agenda, which is an group advocating for the rights of homossexuals, say so, who are we to disagree?
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#140MegaWentEvilPosted 10/4/2012 7:03:02 PM
What defines evil?

Discriminating against people, hitting other people outside of self-defense or retaliation, MAINLY YOUR OWN CHILDREN, stealing, killing, etc.

Even more heinous to me: Doing something that you can still get away with nowadays, like women hitting men, when hitting ANYONE is wrong, period. Or women hitting other women as if violence against women was okay if the perpetrator is female.

Also, using gay or other minority as an insult.

Where do you pivot absolute truth?

Having zero tolerance towards what you see as evil. Wanting to or actually killing those who you see as evil! To me, you're only good if you wish death on evil. If you don't, you're evil too!
---
The chosen one.