This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#191dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 10:27:57 AM
Grandy12 posted...
dudupupu posted...
If man created Christianity to become powerful, WHY is it founded in the notion that remaining meek and humble is virtuous?

I know that one.

Because the ones who created it are not the ones who believe in it, or at least the ones who twisted it aren't so.

Suppose you keep telling someone to be meek otherwise something horrible will happen to you. At the same time, you may not be meek, because you don't believe that. Will have a clear advantage over that person.

If we were to look from an objective point of view, many bishops and cardinals of old did not practice what they preached at all.

I've thought of that, too, but having recently traced the entire history of the Judeo-Christian faith, that simply doesn't hold to be true.

The oppressors are seldom the originators or believers, but are the materially-indulgent, power-hungry entities we now see in our own lives. Christ Himself stood in stark opposition to those using the faith to suppress their own. We, as Christians, are called to be aware of those who use the faith as a sword by which to slay their people.

Your statement make sense, and many HAVE actually validated it (Hitler, Vatican for all I'm concerned, etc.), but that's inconsistent with the EARLY martyrs and those who continue throughout history to trade in their flesh for it.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#192Grandy12Posted 10/5/2012 10:33:24 AM
dudupupu posted...
Your statement make sense, and many HAVE actually validated it (Hitler, Vatican for all I'm concerned, etc.), but that's inconsistent with the EARLY martyrs and those who continue throughout history to trade in their flesh for it.

I somewhat agree with that, which is why I added "or at least the ones who twisted it"

I really believe Chirst had good intentions, and so did (most of) his followers.

I don't think, however, that the religion would have gotten so huge and spread so far were not by some individuals trying to make use of it.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#193dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 10:34:30 AM
Grandy12 posted...
dudupupu posted...
However, and I want you to research this if truly interested rather than bash my coming statement, the Christian message is the only one that conforms to 1) what we perceive to be reality, and 2) what we intuitively know in our hearts to be truth as well as what we expect.

No offense, but that is exactly what eveyone from the other religions told me as well.

We could spend an entire evening talking about objective morality, but I don't think others would appreciate that!

No person can justify murder, but murder remains a component of faith to some.

No person can justify heaven that includes material indulgence such as sex slavery and drunkenness, but such are promised to some.

What I'm getting at without outright laying down my evidences is that any able-and-right-minded individual will agree on the same values of life. No one denies freedom when given a choice; no one chooses hate over love; no one chooses illness over health.

Using this as a springboard, I am compelled to believe that no one chooses [insert X hateful religion] over the pure message of Christ, WHEN GIVEN A CHOICE.

We, being free here in the US (I'm assuming you are), have a choice to investigate, and I think we should use it.

Christ - whether you believe Him to be a figment of imagination or a real person - IS the pinnacle of human morality, love and compassion. I don't think anyone, without some gain (freedom from moral obligations), will deny this IF they make an effort to know Him.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#194Grandy12Posted 10/5/2012 10:39:39 AM
dudupupu posted...

No person can justify heaven that includes material indulgence such as sex slavery and drunkenness, but such are promised to some.

No person can justify prohibiting the consumation of love between two people of the same gender.

Also, no, I'm down here in Brazil.
---
#195ya_about_whatPosted 10/5/2012 10:48:33 AM
beastwarking posted...
dudupupu posted...

Homosexuality and abortion both deface the integrity of family and life and harden our hearts towards what were bestowed upon our race to be sacred.

I rarely chime in on topics like these primarily because most of the time it's just a bunch of people discussing freshman level philosophy material and quote mining, but please, remove your ignorant ass from discussion.

I was raised by gay parents, and I don't care. I was raised by two loving people who wanted the best for me in life and sacrificed their time and money to set me on my way. That is the only thing in life that should matter. I was taught to be respectful towards other people and cultures, to be compassionate and empathetic - to accept differences. But when someone comes in and tells me that the hard work my parents put in for me is wrong, well that just pisses me.

So educate me oh divine voice of God, am I doing it right?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120610151302.htm
They may have had your best interest, but it was worse for you than having a mother and a father.
---
I fought the mods, and the, mods won
#196dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 10:51:58 AM
Grandy12 posted...
dudupupu posted...

No person can justify prohibiting the consumation of love between two people of the same gender.

Also, no, I'm down here in Brazil.

Well, to clarify: I'm not down for prohibiting such a "love." I would just like for people to think of the implications of promoting such as normal. Like it or not, there are HEAVY moral implications of a society that endorses/encourages homosexual behavior.

I'm not being exclusively narrow, though. I think we, as a people, need to ponder on ALOT of the fences we removed over the course of the last hundred years or so. Perhaps instead of unashamedly using this as a political or media device, how about using it to reevaluate the importance of family and remedial solutions to be taken to combat the devastating effects which divorce and the casualization of sex have exacted on our society?

There's, for whatever reason, a significant difference in simply being mindful of alternative lifestyles and devising entire political and media agendas around delicate social issues.

I'll leave the issue of homosexuality at that, however, because text is somehow misleading in its impressions.
---
#197MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 10/5/2012 10:53:57 AM
dudupupu posted...
God is without cause.

If "without cause" is possible, then it's logically possible that the universe/existence can be without cause. No need for God.

If it's not possible, then you need an explanation for how God came to be, and why the "absolute truth" of the bible/God's word is actually false.
#198Grandy12Posted 10/5/2012 11:02:41 AM
dudupupu posted...
Well, to clarify: I'm not down for prohibiting such a "love." I would just like for people to think of the implications of promoting such as normal. Like it or not, there are HEAVY moral implications of a society that endorses/encourages homosexual behavior.

I'm not being exclusively narrow, though. I think we, as a people, need to ponder on ALOT of the fences we removed over the course of the last hundred years or so. Perhaps instead of unashamedly using this as a political or media device, how about using it to reevaluate the importance of family and remedial solutions to be taken to combat the devastating effects which divorce and the casualization of sex have exacted on our society?

There's, for whatever reason, a significant difference in simply being mindful of alternative lifestyles and devising entire political and media agendas around delicate social issues.

I'll leave the issue of homosexuality at that, however, because text is somehow misleading in its impressions.

You know, I really thought this conversation of ours would turn out for the worse.

You're an alright guy.
---
#199dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 11:08:24 AM
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...
dudupupu posted...
God is without cause.

If "without cause" is possible, then it's logically possible that the universe/existence can be without cause. No need for God.

If it's not possible, then you need an explanation for how God came to be, and why the "absolute truth" of the bible/God's word is actually false.

Physical reality cannot be eternal, and we NEED a non-physical first cause. It's not a philosophical dilemma which the "world is eternal" assumption faces; it's a scientific one.

The Big Bang theory has already been all but completely validated by consideration of:

1) Einstein's theory of co-relativity.
2) Second law of thermodynamics
3) Radiation afterglow left around atmosphere
4) Expansion of the universe (we are moving away from a singularity)
5) A few others

Essentially, there is vast convergence on the assumption that all things came from "no thing."

Having known that physical reality at one time did not exist, it is then necessary to assume a non-physical first cause.

No matter what you call the first cause, it is inescapable. An ad-hoc explanation is assuming the multi-verse, something which not only cannot be proven, but poses with itself the further dilemma of explaining how an infinite number of universes came to be.

There is no scientific escape from the reality that a "God" force created this all which lies before our eyes.

Even if I don't assume "God," I must assume, if I am to abide by science and reason, an eternal, non-physical, and PERSONAL (abstract concepts don't create things) first cause.

Which is, of course, no different than the Bible's conception of an eternal God.
---
#200dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 11:11:02 AM
Grandy12 posted...
dudupupu posted...

You know, I really thought this conversation of ours would turn out for the worse.

You're an alright guy.

If all "opposition" could be as considerate as you have proven yourself to be, I think we might actually achieve something agreeable to both sides of the fence.

Good manners!
---