This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#201Gamer45322Posted 10/5/2012 10:11:06 AM
Christianity did not create marriage, but God did, as marriage is about love, and the bible tells us God IS love. Without God there is no love. For all eternity there was love, and it was God. If you reject God then you are rejecting love, God is with us all on earth, as he loves us all the same. But if we are separated from God in the next life, through our own will to oppose his laws on earth, then we are separated from love in the next life for all eternity, and this is what hell is. No love, the opposite of God, hate and darkness. for all eternity. God does not want anyone to reject him, but he cannot help you when you die if that is the path you wish to walk. You get one shot at it, here and now.
#202carlosmuniz20Posted 10/5/2012 10:21:02 AM
ramsean posted...
Equal rights are fine as long as you're not forcing churchs to marry gay couples. It says pretty clearly in the bible that god is against gays.

lol! so...?
---
PSN ID: melloack
#203BcowmanPosted 10/5/2012 10:58:44 AM
ya_about_what posted...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120610151302.htm
They may have had your best interest, but it was worse for you than having a mother and a father.

Did you even read the article you posted?

"The jury is still out on whether being raised by same-sex parents disadvantages children," explains Marks. "However, the available data on which the APA draws its conclusions, derived primarily from small convenience samples, are insufficient to support a strong generalized claim either way."

Your posting an article making the claim that there is "insufficient data to draw any definitive conclusions" as proof that he was "worse off" is both dishonest and despicable.
#204MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 10/5/2012 11:36:43 AM
dudupupu posted...
Physical reality cannot be eternal, and we NEED a non-physical first cause. It's not a philosophical dilemma which the "world is eternal" assumption faces; it's a scientific one.

The Big Bang theory has already been all but completely validated by consideration of:

1) Einstein's theory of co-relativity.
2) Second law of thermodynamics
3) Radiation afterglow left around atmosphere
4) Expansion of the universe (we are moving away from a singularity)
5) A few others

Essentially, there is vast convergence on the assumption that all things came from "no thing."

Having known that physical reality at one time did not exist, it is then necessary to assume a non-physical first cause.

No matter what you call the first cause, it is inescapable. An ad-hoc explanation is assuming the multi-verse, something which not only cannot be proven, but poses with itself the further dilemma of explaining how an infinite number of universes came to be.

There is no scientific escape from the reality that a "God" force created this all which lies before our eyes.

Even if I don't assume "God," I must assume, if I am to abide by science and reason, an eternal, non-physical, and PERSONAL (abstract concepts don't create things) first cause.

Which is, of course, no different than the Bible's conception of an eternal God.

None of this supports your claim that there was ever truly "nothing" (a singularity is not nothing, you lolmeister!). And since your entire argument hinges on proving that, this is waste of time. I should have known better than to expect anything more than some WLC nonsense copypasta.

Anyhow, this isn't really the place for it (it's offtopic in an offtopic thread). Stuff like this comes up now and then on the Religion board if you have an interest in discussing such things.
#205CronoDynePosted 10/5/2012 11:41:14 AM
Disgusting, hate filled personal attacks against Christians and Christianity by those so intolerant of others they have to distort reality to confine to their hatred? Only on GameFAQs.. and every other site on the net.. and in movies.. and television shows.. and newspapers.. and any other form of mass media.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#206Zelda_Loves_MePosted 10/5/2012 11:48:50 AM
Good.
---
PSN: AKilburn
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/akilburn
#207Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 12:09:19 PM(edited)
Gamer45322 posted...
Christianity did not create marriage, but God did, as marriage is about love, and the bible tells us God IS love. Without God there is no love. For all eternity there was love, and it was God. If you reject God then you are rejecting love, God is with us all on earth, as he loves us all the same. But if we are separated from God in the next life, through our own will to oppose his laws on earth, then we are separated from love in the next life for all eternity, and this is what hell is. No love, the opposite of God, hate and darkness. for all eternity. God does not want anyone to reject him, but he cannot help you when you die if that is the path you wish to walk. You get one shot at it, here and now.

But Tsunami's aren't love. AIDS and other illnesses aren't love. An asteroid hitting the planet isn't love. A baby that dies at birth does not have the chance to "walk the path they choose" so God creates life and gives humans the potential for self growth, intelligence and understanding and therefore the capacity for love but God is merciless and can also take away without warning.

Also there's Godzilla who is cool

and Godzookie
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#208dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 12:12:15 PM
MrSmadSmartAlex posted...
dudupupu posted...
Physical reality cannot be eternal, and we NEED a non-physical first cause. It's not a philosophical dilemma which the "world is eternal" assumption faces; it's a scientific one.

The Big Bang theory has already been all but completely validated by consideration of:

1) Einstein's theory of co-relativity.
2) Second law of thermodynamics
3) Radiation afterglow left around atmosphere
4) Expansion of the universe (we are moving away from a singularity)
5) A few others

Essentially, there is vast convergence on the assumption that all things came from "no thing."

Having known that physical reality at one time did not exist, it is then necessary to assume a non-physical first cause.

No matter what you call the first cause, it is inescapable. An ad-hoc explanation is assuming the multi-verse, something which not only cannot be proven, but poses with itself the further dilemma of explaining how an infinite number of universes came to be.

There is no scientific escape from the reality that a "God" force created this all which lies before our eyes.

Even if I don't assume "God," I must assume, if I am to abide by science and reason, an eternal, non-physical, and PERSONAL (abstract concepts don't create things) first cause.

Which is, of course, no different than the Bible's conception of an eternal God.

None of this supports your claim that there was ever truly "nothing" (a singularity is not nothing, you lolmeister!). And since your entire argument hinges on proving that, this is waste of time. I should have known better than to expect anything more than some WLC nonsense copypasta.

Anyhow, this isn't really the place for it (it's offtopic in an offtopic thread). Stuff like this comes up now and then on the Religion board if you have an interest in discussing such things.

Just because I got it from somewhere (not WLC), that doesn't invalidate the argument(s).

In fact, I'd wager that if we didn't get our knowledge from professionals in the field of science, most of us wouldn't know much of anything.

However, as history demonstrates, strip away all knowledge, and the burden of God still remains.

I tend to believe that the closer one gets to an origin point, the closer to truth he or she is. If history demonstrates that the first records of intellectual humans believed in "God," I am inclined to lean more on that side that any distracting discovery can ascertain. Personal experience validates this "gut feeling," and science seems to be aiding as well.

I'm not aware of the religion board, and like I said I am through posting here unless I am further provoked ;)
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#209LoveFreakFlonnePosted 10/5/2012 12:27:59 PM
CronoDyne posted...
Disgusting, hate filled personal attacks against Christians and Christianity by those so intolerant of others they have to distort reality to confine to their hatred? Only on GameFAQs.. and every other site on the net.. and in movies.. and television shows.. and newspapers.. and any other form of mass media.

I dont see many intolerant/hatefilled comments in this thread but rather an open debate that has remained civil. Your comment just reminds me of this comic

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ib81aj44Mxg/TrV2U5qOifI/AAAAAAAARME/J36-wCC93zk/s600/308746_195811437162608_100002012607448_425598_1408458771_n.jpg
---
I'm just a dirty little pop song, that keeps running through your brain. And even though you know its so wrong you're gonna love going insane.
#210SODISPosted 10/5/2012 12:49:11 PM
CronoDyne posted...

I dont see many intolerant/hatefilled comments in this thread but rather an open debate that has remained civil. Your comment just reminds me of this comic

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ib81aj44Mxg/TrV2U5qOifI/AAAAAAAARME/J36-wCC93zk/s600/308746_195811437162608_100002012607448_425598_1408458771_n.jpg

Just couldn't resist: could you?
---
NIER