This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#211MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 10/5/2012 1:49:22 PM
dudupupu posted...
Just because I got it from somewhere (not WLC), that doesn't invalidate the argument(s).

In fact, I'd wager that if we didn't get our knowledge from professionals in the field of science, most of us wouldn't know much of anything.

That's true, but it's still a flawed argument.

I tend to believe that the closer one gets to an origin point, the closer to truth he or she is. If history demonstrates that the first records of intellectual humans believed in "God," I am inclined to lean more on that side that any distracting discovery can ascertain. Personal experience validates this "gut feeling," and science seems to be aiding as well.

I'd disagree with that, but you're free to believe what you like. I was only disputing the claim that God is a logical necessity.
#212rofflchopperPosted 10/5/2012 1:55:59 PM
CronoDyne posted...
Disgusting, hate filled personal attacks against Christians and Christianity by those so intolerant of others they have to distort reality to confine to their hatred? Only on GameFAQs.. and every other site on the net.. and in movies.. and television shows.. and newspapers.. and any other form of mass media.

I dont see many intolerant/hatefilled comments in this thread but rather an open debate that has remained civil. Your comment just reminds me of this comic

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ib81aj44Mxg/TrV2U5qOifI/AAAAAAAARME/J36-wCC93zk/s600/308746_195811437162608_100002012607448_425598_1408458771_n.jpg

lol seriously. People act like Christianity is the attacked more than other things on this board. They will be first in line to tell you what you're doing wrong, but when you tell them why they're wrong, they cry fowl and ask why everyone is attacking them.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#213DrEaM_420Posted 10/5/2012 2:08:12 PM
Christians are the worst of the worst...I cant wait until a president stops giving churches money...such BS.
---
:)
#214pburgh36Posted 10/5/2012 2:49:17 PM(edited)
I don't understand why people continue to bash religion and especially Christians. The Bible is a book that preaches good values to live by. Look at the 10 commandments (after the first 3). Honor your parents,. don't murder others, don't be jealous of your neighbor. Love thy neighbor as thyself, which is not one of the 10, but Jesus said is the most important of all. All religious people are are people living by good core values that will better contribute towards society.

I know many of you will now quote all of the wars religion has started, but that is man practicing religion is extreme ways. For example, 9/11 was extremist Muslims. The Crusades were Christians killing others who didn't believe un Christianity (IIRC). NOWHERE in the Bible does it say to persecute those who didn't believe, nor does it preach any "bad" values. All those who argue and say religion sucks are close minded and ignorant.
---
The Pittsburgh Pirates will have a winning season. Started 6/17/11
#215Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 3:01:31 PM
dudupupu posted...

I tend to believe that the closer one gets to an origin point, the closer to truth he or she is. If history demonstrates that the first records of intellectual humans believed in "God," I am inclined to lean more on that side that any distracting discovery can ascertain.

People also swore the world was flat and would crucify you if you thought otherwise.
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#216Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 3:03:16 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Christians are the worst of the worst...I cant wait until a president stops giving churches money...such BS.

Dude all religious fanatics are bad, Zionists, Jehova's, Scientologists, Mormons, Extremist Muslims, hypocritical Catholics, you name it. The nature of man corrupts through power and greed and fear.
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#217DrEaM_420Posted 10/5/2012 3:04:52 PM
pburgh36 posted...
I don't understand why people continue to bash religion and especially Christians. The Bible is a book that preaches good values to live by. Look at the 10 commandments (after the first 3). Honor your parents,. don't murder others, don't be jealous of your neighbor. Love thy neighbor as thyself, which is not one of the 10, but Jesus said is the most important of all. All religious people are are people living by good core values that will better contribute towards society.

I know many of you will now quote all of the wars religion has started, but that is man practicing religion is extreme ways. For example, 9/11 was extremist Muslims. The Crusades were Christians killing others who didn't believe un Christianity (IIRC). NOWHERE in the Bible does it say to persecute those who didn't believe, nor does it preach any "bad" values. All those who argue and say religion sucks are close minded and ignorant.

The bible preaches awesome values to live by! So far I already quoted these:

You can beat your wife
You can have sex with someones underage daughter for 50 sheckels of silver, you also own her after that.
Women cannot talk in church.
You may own slaves, and beat your slave
You should sacrifice your child if you hear voices, and by sacrifice I mean brutally murder
Tattoos are bad
King David once asked for 100 Palestinian foreskins...umm ok?
Then preaches against homosexuality, then in Judges 19:22-29 it says that a group of sexually deprived men wanted to have sex with another man, but instead the man offered his virgin daughter, and they raped her.

Actually in many bibles it says to persecute and kill those who dont believe...lets quote shall we?

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

The Quran is even worse, but that religion is such a joke religion I dont even bother debating about it.

So like I said Christians are the worst, their religion has accounted for more deaths then every war combined.
---
:)
#218Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 3:06:36 PM
pburgh36 posted...

Because hypocrits that hide behind Religion which is caused through the corruption of religion in the acts that you mentioned. You don't need it to understand the simple values of human life, love and coexisting in peace with your fellow man. The people at the top will always use fear, cultism and coersion to confuse, mislead and control the masses who often dwell aimlessly in ignorance and blind loyalty.
---
#219CronoDynePosted 10/5/2012 3:16:31 PM
I dont see many intolerant/hatefilled comments in this thread but rather an open debate that has remained civil.

Followed shortly by..

Christians are the worst of the worst

See, the problem with you militant Atheists is that you don't even realize when you're being hateful and condescending and rude and divisive. It's so bad that you paste hurtful messages in your signatures to have it follow you wherever you go. And it's a never ending theme on this board. For over 200 posts this topic has devolved into a miserable hatefest of Christianity, and you're so utterly blind you can't see what's right in front of you. If you think snide personal attacks against Christians is "an open debate that has remained civil," there's something wrong with you.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#220Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 3:37:46 PM
CronoDyne posted...
I dont see many intolerant/hatefilled comments in this thread but rather an open debate that has remained civil.

Followed shortly by..

Christians are the worst of the worst

See, the problem with you militant Atheists is that you don't even realize when you're being hateful and condescending and rude and divisive. It's so bad that you paste hurtful messages in your signatures to have it follow you wherever you go. And it's a never ending theme on this board. For over 200 posts this topic has devolved into a miserable hatefest of Christianity, and you're so utterly blind you can't see what's right in front of you. If you think snide personal attacks against Christians is "an open debate that has remained civil," there's something wrong with you.

All I can say to that is grow a backbone because it's to my understanding that many religious fanatics are quick to pull the persecution/guilt trip card when we can see all around the world, many Christians attacking Zionists attacking Christians attacking Muslims attacking Christians and Zionists and all of them attacking Scientology..
So the "I'm so hurt by your comments" rant its really meaningless. Everybody hates everybody. Just deal with it.
---