This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#221Grandy12Posted 10/5/2012 2:37:49 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
The bible preaches awesome values to live by! So far I already quoted these:

You can beat your wife
You can have sex with someones underage daughter for 50 sheckels of silver, you also own her after that.
Women cannot talk in church.
You may own slaves, and beat your slave
You should sacrifice your child if you hear voices, and by sacrifice I mean brutally murder
Tattoos are bad
King David once asked for 100 Palestinian foreskins...umm ok?
Then preaches against homosexuality, then in Judges 19:22-29 it says that a group of sexually deprived men wanted to have sex with another man, but instead the man offered his virgin daughter, and they raped her.

Tell me, what do you believe in? Because I am pretty sure I can dive enough into any ideology and come out with a pile of values as awesome as those.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#222Grandy12Posted 10/5/2012 2:43:17 PM
Gatchan2 posted...
All I can say to that is grow a backbone because it's to my understanding that many religious fanatics are quick to pull the persecution/guilt trip card.

So the "I'm so hurt by your comments" rant its really meaningless. Everybody hates everybody. Just deal with it.

If everyone hates everyone, then it's not religion's fault at all, is it?
---
#223Keyblade4242Posted 10/5/2012 3:00:09 PM
If the god being discussed in this topic is real, he is a ****ing *******.
#224MegaWentEvilPosted 10/5/2012 3:03:19 PM
I wonder... what if we are all fictional characters and theists are the obligatory 4th wall breaking characters?
---
The chosen one.
#225Runner_stylePosted 10/5/2012 3:11:32 PM
ramsean posted...
Equal rights are fine as long as you're not forcing churchs to marry gay couples. It says pretty clearly in the bible that god is against gays.

I do find it funny that the church openly opposes gay rights, gay marriage with one hand, but with the other they find no qualms in undertaking homosexual acts upon under aged boys.
---
You're a random. Your opinion means nothing.
#226rofflchopperPosted 10/5/2012 3:13:38 PM
I dont see many intolerant/hatefilled comments in this thread but rather an open debate that has remained civil.

Followed shortly by..

Christians are the worst of the worst

See, the problem with you militant Atheists is that you don't even realize when you're being hateful and condescending and rude and divisive. It's so bad that you paste hurtful messages in your signatures to have it follow you wherever you go. And it's a never ending theme on this board. For over 200 posts this topic has devolved into a miserable hatefest of Christianity, and you're so utterly blind you can't see what's right in front of you. If you think snide personal attacks against Christians is "an open debate that has remained civil," there's something wrong with you.

Hey Pot, have you met my friend Kettle?
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#227MegaWentEvilPosted 10/5/2012 3:15:32 PM
Now seriously, even if there was no Christianity -or any other religion-, people would still find a different excuse to kill each other.
---
The chosen one.
#228methosagainPosted 10/5/2012 3:40:31 PM
Marriage in an anthropological sense has always been religious based, even in hunter gatherer societies couples are linked in community ceremonies where a "God" of some sort presides over it and blesses it
#229Blustar15Posted 10/5/2012 4:15:43 PM
"Marriage in an anthropological sense has always been religious based, even in hunter gatherer societies couples are linked in community ceremonies where a "God" of some sort presides over it and blesses it"

But they weren't Christian religions right? So they were EVIL marriages!!!

Also the main point I want to make is when people are claiming that the Bible is God's word; who then wrote the Bible? Surely, God didn't come down and write the Bible. That's why I can never give my soul to another human. People wrote the Bible and what's the one thing we know with aboslute certainty about people? ( they have perspective ( bias) and are flawed) ( they only have human understanding however enlightened)

The Bible, being written by humans is a great work but flawed. I think it's maybe something to build upon, but if history has proven anything, we need to start improving religion and its purpose in society sometime soon before it's too late.
#230Grandy12Posted 10/5/2012 4:33:55 PM
rofflchopper posted...
Hey Pot, have you met my friend Kettle?

Dayum, he's black!

Blustar15 posted...
But they weren't Christian religions right? So they were EVIL marriages!!!

You're the only one here who said so.
---