This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#241hockeybub89Posted 10/5/2012 5:49:09 PM(edited)
Are you kidding me? People do these things in the name of their religion. Communism is an awful idea...all the people are poor and the leader is rich with all the money.

Are you kids like 12 or something? Anyone over the age of 20 cannot be this stupid.

I didn't say it was a good idea. I said it wasn't an evil idea. It sounds splendid on paper, but bad in theory, and that's why evil people use it to control their country. Religion wasn't created for evil just as knives or guns aren't created for evil. People using them for evil is that person's fault, not the tool. There is not a single thing wrong with any of the well-known religions if practiced properly. They are just a way of thinking to base your life on. Would you call Zen Buddhism evil?
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#242dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 5:49:54 PM
Runner_style posted...
ramsean posted...
Equal rights are fine as long as you're not forcing churchs to marry gay couples. It says pretty clearly in the bible that god is against gays.

I do find it funny that the church openly opposes gay rights, gay marriage with one hand, but with the other they find no qualms in undertaking homosexual acts upon under aged boys.

This is like saying, relating it to video games, that "I don't understand why you people wanted Resident Evil to change, but when it does, you complain that it should've stayed the same."

Different people are in question. The faith is not the perpetrator; rather, it is the individual committing the crime which is to blame.

Religion doesn't kill people; video games don't kill people; fast food doesn't kill people; PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

Attributing the blame to its rightful cause is the first step in understanding the world around you and making sound judgments.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#243MegaWentEvilPosted 10/5/2012 5:51:53 PM(edited)
Say, to anyone who finds religion evil, what would you say to a child who believes in God?
---
The chosen one.
#244dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 5:54:41 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Grandy12 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
The bible preaches awesome values to live by! So far I already quoted these:

You can beat your wife
You can have sex with someones underage daughter for 50 sheckels of silver, you also own her after that.
Women cannot talk in church.
You may own slaves, and beat your slave
You should sacrifice your child if you hear voices, and by sacrifice I mean brutally murder
Tattoos are bad
King David once asked for 100 Palestinian foreskins...umm ok?
Then preaches against homosexuality, then in Judges 19:22-29 it says that a group of sexually deprived men wanted to have sex with another man, but instead the man offered his virgin daughter, and they raped her.

Tell me, what do you believe in? Because I am pretty sure I can dive enough into any ideology and come out with a pile of values as awesome as those.

I believe religion was created by inferior insecure men who want to control stupid people...at the top of every religion is one really rich guy making a ton of money off of idiots, how people dont see that I have no idea, but every single religion is a complete joke and a waste of time, and ruins society, we cant even pass laws because it could be offensive to some religious psycho so everyone has to suffer.

Your understanding, as I pointed out earlier to someone else, is completely wrong and conjured ad-hoc in order to issue a blanket attack against something you know nothing about.

Christianity's founders lived in secrecy, forced out of their homes and lives by the "system," and operated in spite of the most wicked forms of persecution known to man.

Getting scorned, banned, and ultimately brutalized and killed is NOT exactly the equivalent of being "rich" and "making tons of money off of idiots." If you trace the history of the bible, no one even turned a profit off the thing until well after the Dark Ages.

It was issued as a genuine desire to aid the lost to God's morality.

Sure, people use it to this day for wicked.

I always like to point out that Christ Himself was aware that this would happen (Matthew 24:5). Yes, Christ, being God in the flesh, knew that Hitlers and Obamas would use His name to deceive, well before their birth!

Alot of these "theories" are easily explained away if one simply does their history homework.
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#245Grandy12Posted 10/5/2012 5:56:27 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
How can someone believe in science? Science is proven through factual information and evidence.

Well, let me put it this way; when was the last time you double-checked anything a doctor told you? And I don't mean "I read an article in the internet which was suspicious, so I double-checked it", I mean, if a scientist told you "Mercury boils at 240 degrees", would you believe him, because as a scientist he bears around him the idea of science, or would you double-check it anyway?
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#246Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 5:57:47 PM
Obamas?
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#247dudupupuPosted 10/5/2012 5:59:21 PM
Gatchan2 posted...
Obamas?

Yes. Claiming His affiliation but encouraging infanticide isn't exactly NOT "deceiving."
---
#248Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 6:00:32 PM
Grandy12 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
How can someone believe in science? Science is proven through factual information and evidence.

Well, let me put it this way; when was the last time you double-checked anything a doctor told you? And I don't mean "I read an article in the internet which was suspicious, so I double-checked it", I mean, if a scientist told you "Mercury boils at 240 degrees", would you believe him, because as a scientist he bears around him the idea of science, or would you double-check it anyway?

When's the last time you double-checked gravity?
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#249Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 6:01:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#250MegaWentEvilPosted 10/5/2012 6:03:53 PM
@Gatchan2: You do know moron used to be a slur against the handicapped, do you? The handicapped deserve respect.
---
The chosen one.