This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#251Newbie00Posted 10/5/2012 7:17:00 PM
The number of logical fallacies, amount of ignorance surrounding homosexuality, misunderstanding and polluted views of history, religion, and geopolitics, and misapprehensions of the scientific method in this thread vividly remind me of the low IQ that haunts these boards.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#252Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 7:27:52 PM(edited)
MegaWentEvil posted...
@Gatchan2: You do know moron used to be a slur against the handicapped, do you? The handicapped deserve respect.

sorry. I'll be nicer to him then. Didn't know he was mentally handicapped.....
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#253SixStringHeroPosted 10/5/2012 7:43:10 PM(edited)
DrEaM_420 posted...
pburgh36 posted...
I don't understand why people continue to bash religion and especially Christians. The Bible is a book that preaches good values to live by. Look at the 10 commandments (after the first 3). Honor your parents,. don't murder others, don't be jealous of your neighbor. Love thy neighbor as thyself, which is not one of the 10, but Jesus said is the most important of all. All religious people are are people living by good core values that will better contribute towards society.

I know many of you will now quote all of the wars religion has started, but that is man practicing religion is extreme ways. For example, 9/11 was extremist Muslims. The Crusades were Christians killing others who didn't believe un Christianity (IIRC). NOWHERE in the Bible does it say to persecute those who didn't believe, nor does it preach any "bad" values. All those who argue and say religion sucks are close minded and ignorant.

The bible preaches awesome values to live by! So far I already quoted these:

You can beat your wife
You can have sex with someones underage daughter for 50 sheckels of silver, you also own her after that.
Women cannot talk in church.
You may own slaves, and beat your slave
You should sacrifice your child if you hear voices, and by sacrifice I mean brutally murder
Tattoos are bad
King David once asked for 100 Palestinian foreskins...umm ok?
Then preaches against homosexuality, then in Judges 19:22-29 it says that a group of sexually deprived men wanted to have sex with another man, but instead the man offered his virgin daughter, and they raped her.

Actually in many bibles it says to persecute and kill those who dont believe...lets quote shall we?

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

The Quran is even worse, but that religion is such a joke religion I dont even bother debating about it.

So like I said Christians are the worst, their religion has accounted for more deaths then every war combined.

Really? The best argument you could put forth is the Crusades, and even the Crusades were in response to Muslim aggression and western encroachment.

Lets not even get into the fact that Islam is the only religion on the planet that makes the news 24/7 356 days a year due to violent incidents all of which are religiously motivated.

Millions upon millions died at the hands of Stalin, Pol Pot, Trotsky and Mao, and last I checked they were all atheists.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#254YoshiMan123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 8:16:57 PM
ITT: Loving someone is evil.
ITT: People decide to be gay and commit suicide and be bullied.

Not try to hate on Christians, many Christians friends of mine are open-minded and support true equality. :)
---
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep,and you weep alone."
PSN: YoshiMan123 - Survivor of the ApocalyPS3 and CollaPS3
#255Doom_InfinitePosted 10/7/2012 6:08:38 AM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
ya_about_what posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
Doom_Infinite posted...
Everyone supports gay rights, the issue is the so called marriage equality, marriage is a religious institution, so people should be satisfied with civil unions, it's the same thing and provides the same amount of protection, I don't think gay marriage is going to happen on a national level (just state level).

wow thanks for supporting discrimination and hiding behind tired religious excuses

this isn't the united christian fundamentalist states of amerikkka; even non-christians get married here

That doesn't mean it isn't a religious ceremony, genius.

when did i say that's what it meant lol

just because it's a religious ceremony for some people doesn't mean it isn't also a secular ceremony for other people, so that shouldn't be used as an excuse to discriminate. christianity doesn't deserve to be placed on a pedestal above other creeds, and that's what happens when we tiptoe around their fragile sensibilities by calling monogamous same-sex unions "civil unions" instead of "marriage," which is what we call it for everyone else, regardless of religion.

pwned christian fundie

Ok first of all Iím agnostic (maybe even atheist) so congratulations on making a fool out of yourself.

People all over the world get married because culturally itís adopted everywhere. Itís flattering to Christians if anything. However since it IS a religion ceremony it isnít up to any government to define it (Unless youíre one of those who believe government should be able to put itís hands on anything). Again the government recognizes civil unions and therefor itís civil unions that matter.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#256Newbie00Posted 10/8/2012 4:33:09 PM(edited)
SixStringHero posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
pburgh36 posted...

Really? The best argument you could put forth is the Crusades, and even the Crusades were in response to Muslim aggression and western encroachment.

Lets not even get into the fact that Islam is the only religion on the planet that makes the news 24/7 356 days a year due to violent incidents all of which are religiously motivated.

Millions upon millions died at the hands of Stalin, Pol Pot, Trotsky and Mao, and last I checked they were all atheists.

Nonsense. Collectively categorizing them on the basis of their absence of belief (atheism is not a religion, it is the lack of belief) makes about as much sense as categorizing them on the basis that none of them played golf.

It's also hilarious when religious people try to downplay the evils committed by their own creed by pointing fingers at others. In my eyes, and the eyes of most rational thinkers, both Islam + Christianity are morally inept.

edit: you know what, what about the pope visiting Africa, the continent most ravaged by AIDS and disease, and telling people it is immoral to use condoms? How about Christian negligence during war war 2 during the holocaust? How about hate towards gays? The most ardent and shocking of which has circulated around the Christian centres of Africa? How about the brutality behind the crusades (and by the way, saying it was in response to Muslim aggression is an inadequate cop out, it's just silly to believe that atrocities can be committed and excused if someone else initiates them. So much for being meek, right?) Or how about missionary work around the world? Paying the poor to convert by convincing them that they'll be saved if they declare their conviction in Christ? How about the pogroms against Jews that littered much of European history? What about the Inquisition? What about witch hunts? What about the brutality put forth towards native Americans when the Christian Europeans first arrived? I could go on and on.

All these issues have a Christian undertone to them. So please don't act like it's any better than Islam.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force