This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#31BurgerTime79Posted 10/4/2012 1:01:48 PM
ramsean posted...
Equal rights are fine as long as you're not forcing churchs to marry gay couples. It says pretty clearly in the bible that god is against gays.

Marriage is just as much a state and government practice, not strictly religious. You need to go through paperwork and one person in the marriage is likely to get his/her name changed and have a new social security card assigned. With the separation of church and state, the only people who care about whatever the bible was translated to say in English, are the the overly religious people and anti gay rights people.
Show me where it states in the laws that gay people can't marry. Show me specifically, not something that was written years ago that says man and woman. Today is different than 100 years ago. Why else do you think there are still laws like in Baltimore that make washing a sink illegal.

I'm getting sick of this "supporting" thing. I don't support gay rights. I support the right for everyone to be treated equally as a citizen of the US regardless of their gender, race, social status or belief (as long as that belief doesn't deny the rights of someone else). I can't stand seeing people get special treatment simply because of who they were born to be, or who they choose to be. I deal with this at my workplace all the time. I'm the minority as a white guy, and everyone else speaks Spanish. Death threats and racial slurs towards me don't get dealt with by management.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#32snoopymarkPosted 10/4/2012 1:02:50 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Bf109_Ace_1941 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
ramsean posted...
Equal rights are fine as long as you're not forcing churchs to marry gay couples. It says pretty clearly in the bible that god is against gays.

That same book says God is against woman, black people, and small children...can I beat your mom with a stick?

In what part of the Bible is written that? You blasphemous pig.

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

This one is cool, it says I can bang your little sister for $50...or fifty shekels of silver, and then I own her. Its my right cuz da bible said so.

Theres so many more I just dont feel like looking, its a joke book.

Lol.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
rebelallianceclan.com
#33ZHolyMadmanPosted 10/4/2012 1:03:43 PM
ramsean posted...

Listen, the Bible does not say that God is against "gays", it states that homosexuality is a sin like any other (lying, stealing, murder, etc.) and it is the SIN that is that is an affront to Him, not the individual that has the option of repentance and forgiveness. Read 1 Timothy 2:3-4 and apply it to "gays", liars, rapists, you, me and everyone, since we're ALL guilty. You're right about the forcing Churches thing, though. Seems the fictitious "separation of Church and state" door only swings one way...

DrEaM_420 posted...
That same book says God is against woman, black people, and small children...can I beat your mom with a stick?

Such. Appalling. IGNORANCE!
Please, stop posting about things you so obviously know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about.
You're embarrassing yourself and doing a disservice to everyone here.
---
"It's not a logical fallacy, it's postmodern thinking."
"Yeah, the funny thing is, we're BOTH right."
#34Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 10/4/2012 1:04:51 PM
I won't waste my time with any of you. None of you have the knowledge to understand the holy Bible.
---
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/89/31/airplanes-luftwaffe_00318931.jpg
#35cavebear56Posted 10/4/2012 1:05:50 PM
As usual misinformation, people who don't understand historical context and ignorant literalists.

Atheists being just as stupid as the fundamentalists.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#36NthPosted 10/4/2012 1:10:41 PM
Bf109_Ace_1941 posted...
I won't waste my time with any of you. None of you have the knowledge to understand the holy Bible.

No. Having knowledge is what prevents the bible from being taken seriously. It's perfectly understood, it's just silly.
---
"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sexual position." - Bill Maher
#37ZHolyMadmanPosted 10/4/2012 1:11:57 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Bf109_Ace_1941 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
ramsean posted...

In what part of the Bible is written that? You blasphemous pig.

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

This one is cool, it says I can bang your little sister for $50...or fifty shekels of silver, and then I own her. Its my right cuz da bible said so.

Theres so many more I just dont feel like looking, its a joke book.

That's what you guys always go back to, isn't it? The Old Testament Laws were SOLELY for the tribes of Israel in that day and age. They have now bearing whatsoever on (and are in fact, super-ceded by) the teachings of the New Testament and Modern Day Christianity. Keep trying though, it's funny.
---
"It's not a logical fallacy, it's postmodern thinking."
"Yeah, the funny thing is, we're BOTH right."
#38DrEaM_420Posted 10/4/2012 1:11:58 PM
ZHolyMadman posted...
ramsean posted...

Listen, the Bible does not say that God is against "gays", it states that homosexuality is a sin like any other (lying, stealing, murder, etc.) and it is the SIN that is that is an affront to Him, not the individual that has the option of repentance and forgiveness. Read 1 Timothy 2:3-4 and apply it to "gays", liars, rapists, you, me and everyone, since we're ALL guilty. You're right about the forcing Churches thing, though. Seems the fictitious "separation of Church and state" door only swings one way...

DrEaM_420 posted...

Such. Appalling. IGNORANCE!
Please, stop posting about things you so obviously know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about.
You're embarrassing yourself and doing a disservice to everyone here.

I just posted a 100% factual transcription from your book...it just proved everything you are saying wrong...the bible promotes hatred and rape...its disgusting people still follow it in 2012.
---
:)
#39DrEaM_420Posted 10/4/2012 1:17:28 PM
Oh ok, lets go with New Testament...I guess we are following those laws now right the old book doesn't mean anything because the new one was written by a guy who never knew Jesus...which makes it more credible.

"...the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. "(1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

So tell your mom to shut up when we are in church...its the damn LAW

"Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ ...(Ephesians 6:5)"

Thats right slaves, be obedient to your master...TREMBLE!!!

"No one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste ...Revelation 14:3-4"

Apparently only men go to heaven...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
---
:)
#40Zack_Attackv1Posted 10/4/2012 1:17:44 PM
They should buy the rights for Poison from Crapcom and make that their new mascot.
It would be so hot!
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug