This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony supports gay rights

#91Ex360Posted 10/4/2012 4:16:58 PM
I say this as a free speaking citizen of the world - There is no "God". Why is this ridiculous topic allowed to continue on a gaming board? The moderators are probably laughing at all of you.
#92paperwariorPosted 10/4/2012 4:18:14 PM
ramsean posted...
Equal rights are fine as long as you're not forcing churchs to marry gay couples. It says pretty clearly in the bible that god is against gays.

Probably already been said, but pretty much nobody wants to force churches to do anything. It's all a question of legal rights and definitions. As in, how the government behaves.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#93rofflchopperPosted 10/4/2012 4:18:29 PM
I say this as a free speaking citizen of the world - There is no "God". Why is this ridiculous topic allowed to continue on a gaming board? The moderators are probably laughing at all of you.

It has Sony in the topic title, so it's considered on topic.
Gamefaqs logic.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#94Ex360Posted 10/4/2012 4:22:55 PM
rofflchopper posted...

It has Sony in the topic title, so it's considered on topic.
Gamefaqs logic.

Of course. I was so blind. You are my savior.
#95Rickoon5Posted 10/4/2012 4:35:24 PM
I'd find it hard to believe any gaming company would be against gay rights. Maybe they wouldn't be for it, but being against it is like saying, "Don't buy my products if you're part of the large and growing homosexual community." or "I want less money." Bigots can talk all they want about boycotting, but they'll soon forget and buy PS4 even if it's ridiculously priced.

Heck, look at that fast food chain that recently backed off its gay hate because they were in a financial pinch.

It's funny that this topic comes up now as it seems Sony is also hurting from poor Vita and TV sales...
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#96paperwariorPosted 10/4/2012 4:40:09 PM
But yeah, you can't really take corporate statements like these to mean much of anything. They're just calculated to make the majority of customers like them more. Although there's no reason to complain when they're on your side.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#97Shadowstar108Posted 10/4/2012 4:41:09 PM
I don't care about religion. Not because I don't believe, but I'm not too worried about how the human race got it's start. That doesn't matter in my life. I'm here and alive now, and I'm going to live my life the way I want to. And, if said God wanted me to be his follower, why give me free will with which to openly ponder and defy Him?

I mean, really... Why give His creations the ability of sentient thought, and then order us to obey His word? Makes no logical sense...
---
~Currently Playing: Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, Persona 3 Portable~
#98Doom_InfinitePosted 10/4/2012 4:53:52 PM(edited)
Everyone supports gay rights, the issue is the so called marriage equality, marriage is a religious institution, so people should be satisfied with civil unions, it's the same thing and provides the same amount of protection, I don't think gay marriage is going to happen on a national level (just state level).
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#99Dark_LawlPosted 10/4/2012 4:59:37 PM
Shadowstar108 posted...
I don't care about religion. Not because I don't believe, but I'm not too worried about how the human race got it's start. That doesn't matter in my life. I'm here and alive now, and I'm going to live my life the way I want to. And, if said God wanted me to be his follower, why give me free will with which to openly ponder and defy Him?

I mean, really... Why give His creations the ability of sentient thought, and then order us to obey His word? Makes no logical sense...

Because it is not genuine unless we have a choice.

There's no point in making us if we can only follow him because we were programmed that way. We need to go to him because we want to, not because we have to.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#100SixStringHeroPosted 10/4/2012 5:00:49 PM
Ex360 posted...

The atheism is strong with this one.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.