This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 gamers that don't care about Platinums. Which games did you platinum?

#21wstfldPosted 10/4/2012 4:22:11 PM
I got Uncharted and R&C ACIT just from playing them so much.
---
Last Played: Batman Arkham City (9.5/10)
Now Playing: Counter-Strike GO, NCAA Football 2013, FIFA 13
#22archizzyPosted 10/4/2012 4:26:30 PM
Well I'm of course exaggerating. It took me 70 hours (which is short for a JRPG. Tales of Vesperia as comparison took me 200 hours)

Is there a lot more content in Vesperia than Graces? Never played Vesperia. Graces took me about 100 to 120 hours I would guess. I'm at work so can't check my file.

I tend to go slow, grind a lot and take my time so my times are usually higher than other gamers and there is no way I could squeeze 200 hours out of Graces. I even played through the game 3 times.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#23Spiroth_KweehhPosted 10/4/2012 4:36:01 PM
Pereb27 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Pereb27 posted...
Tales of Vesperia, well I actually tried to get it, because it gave me something to do in that awesome game.
FFXIII-2 because well it takes 2 hours to get it. (Got it a week after release)

2 hours? Really?
One of the most difficult Platinum trophies ever, without internet access.

Well I'm of course exaggerating. It took me 70 hours (which is short for a JRPG. Tales of Vesperia as comparison took me 200 hours)

And I don't see how internet access matters in platinuming XIII-2? O_o

It doesn't?
You're actually (in one example out of many) telling me that you repeatedly retried the Boss in Augusta Tower just for his multiple different HP entries without you knowing about it?
Or that you found that you had to stagger 100 enemies (pre-battle) consequtively by yourself???
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#24Wario_manPosted 10/4/2012 4:40:10 PM
None.
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#25phowell23Posted 10/4/2012 4:52:37 PM
Only Plat is FF13-2
#26Pereb27Posted 10/4/2012 4:53:19 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

It doesn't?
You're actually (in one example out of many) telling me that you repeatedly retried the Boss in Augusta Tower just for his multiple different HP entries without you knowing about it?
Or that you found that you had to stagger 100 enemies (pre-battle) consequtively by yourself???

Official guide doesn't need an Internet connection!
Anyway it's still a very good point (whether it's Internet or the guide, it's still external help) but then again, if a hidden trophy is impossible to figure out, where does the problem lie? The player not being smart enough/not willing to spend a lot of time to try and figure out, or the trophy for being completely retarded to begin with? :P

Also, I'd still say Tales of Vesperia is much, much harder (well more like completely impossible) without a guide, and it's just one example, as you're going to miss more than half the sidequests without one (which once again is pretty much a flaw in the game, or a scheme to make you buy the official guide, or whatever). And yes, 80% of the sidequests are needed to platinum that game.

Well, I believe almost all, if not all JRPGs are flawed in the way that they need a guide, whether it's done purposedly or not.
#27kewldude475Posted 10/4/2012 4:55:24 PM
none
---
Member of the V3Da master race.
PSN: kewldude475
#28wsoldier182Posted 10/4/2012 4:55:36 PM
None. I've considered plat'ing Silent Hill Downpour, but the Pinata Party trophy seems to be glitched. I killed more than ten on my last playthrough and then i started another and my kills weren't being counted.
---
We're all going to the same place, we're just using different maps.
#29True_FoeHammerPosted 10/4/2012 5:00:26 PM
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Call of Duty 6
Assassin's Creed 2
Sly 1
Sly 2
Heavy Rain
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time
Elder Scrolls 5
Borderlands
Saints Row 3
#30Neverender_IVPosted 10/4/2012 5:03:41 PM
Little Big Planet and Prototype 2

LBP was pretty easy, since my level was apparently so popular that I still get invites to this day despite having sold the game ages ago.

Prototype 2 was also easy, but more importantly was still fun to play after beating it, and the trophies gave me an excuse to keep playing.