This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Presidential Debate #2, or a night of Gaming? Which would you choose and why?

#11superbowl54Posted 10/4/2012 7:25:14 PM
gaming

no matter who wins, Americans lose
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Uncharted 3, Metro 2033, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Dragon's Dogma
#12BearJudenPosted 10/4/2012 7:26:26 PM
XxD3ADLYXx posted...
They should know politicians are crooks.

Oh yeah?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUg7O7dXuQs
#13CronoDynePosted 10/4/2012 7:54:42 PM(edited)
The debates are for the undecided. Are any of you undecided? Be honest; no matter how the debates play out, is there any chance that you would change your vote (or decide to vote)? The answer for the majority here is obviously "no."
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#14DemonSoulLokiPosted 10/4/2012 7:58:30 PM
superbowl54 posted...
gaming

no matter who wins, Americans lose

This.
---
Effort gives confident in oneself as Pride does not equal ability. ~DemonSoulLoki
#15RetroFanGirlPosted 10/4/2012 8:02:00 PM
Gaming. They just lie and they're not even given enough time to explain what they'd do even if they were being honest.
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj34PPN6RHY
#16AlltraPosted 10/4/2012 8:08:35 PM
Gaming Night, it's not even a contest.

Debates aren't even interesting, because it's always the same BS. None of these idiots tell the truth. None of these idiots can do what they say they want to do. They'll say anything to get elected, then do their own thing.

It's not like paying attention to these debates is going to effect my vote either, because I'm not voting. It's just like in video games, these gaming companies are going to do whatever the hell they want, and if I don't like it, oh well...because there's nothing I can do about it. I'm damned no matter what. They can say whatever the hell they want, but all eventually devolve into Capcom, SE, Activision, EA, Ubisoft, ect... in the end.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#17archizzyPosted 10/4/2012 8:12:22 PM(edited)
CronoDyne posted...
The debates are for the undecided. Are any of you undecided? Be honest; no matter how the debates play out, is there any chance that you would change your vote (or decide to vote)? The answer for the majority here is obviously "no."

I disagree. Everyone I know who watches the debates are already decided. They just tune in out of topical interest.

Everyone knows they don't have the time nor the want to get into specifics on policy and ideas. It is a very rough outline, non specific approach to all answers to appease to the most popular opinions.

Doesn't mean there isn't interest in watching it. Again I watch it more for the comedic shows that follow the debate and talk about it. Not to gain any actual perspective from the debate.

Plus there is a nostalgia factor for me. I remember watching debates back with my dad in 1980 and 1984. Different time but sort of makes me think back to then.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#18wstfldPosted 10/4/2012 8:11:09 PM
Gaming, I know who I'm voting for already.
---
Last Played: Batman Arkham City (9.5/10)
Now Playing: Counter-Strike GO, NCAA Football 2013, FIFA 13
#19medmusclePosted 10/4/2012 8:34:20 PM
I want to know which one actually stands for the American people, the Constitution, and is going to turn a blind eye to the corporations in favor of the middle class. I want to know which one is not a sell-out and is going to end the rediculous wars that benefit only the elite and nobody else.

That's what I thought. As someone else said, no matter who wins, the people lose. If you think anything else, you are ill-informed. The original American ideals of our founding fathers are ancient history and are now considered to be extremist in favor of benefitting the rich and powerful. The thing is, is that the mentally weak actually buy into their crap and allow themselves to get brainwashed.

Gaming for me.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#20Jose1612Posted 10/4/2012 8:43:02 PM
" I am not a Crock" tricky dick Nixon. But in all seriousness I might have to watch for my Government class.
---
Reno Nevada is Raccoon city it makes perfect sense!!!