This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Platinum Games is one of the best things to happen this gen

#412DshmuploverPosted 10/5/2012 6:09:12 AM
Most of their games are excellent, in particular Bayonetta which pretty much redefined the hack 'n slash genre, amazing what a difference a 3rd person camera makes. I liked Vanquish but I don't regard it to be the best TPS around, nothing like. Anarchy Reigns looks a bit of a dog but it plays so well.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#42LuminescentRulePosted 10/5/2012 6:19:23 AM
A couple of 80% games on metacritic does not make them one of the best devs this gen.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#43Doom_InfinitePosted 10/5/2012 8:24:08 AM
HorrorSindicate posted...
Doom_Infinite posted...
Platinum is anything other than overrated, if anything I think they’re under appreciated. Most think of them as the Bayonetta and MGR guys but almost every game they make is good to great, and these guys have a record that is such that they really don’t have anything to prove anymore, yet they continue raising video game standards.

Some how I think people don't equate their previous achievements as their own. Gamers tend to identify more with corporations than People/Artists.

I think you’re right.

2Dshmuplover posted...
Most of their games are excellent, in particular Bayonetta which pretty much redefined the hack 'n slash genre, amazing what a difference a 3rd person camera makes. I liked Vanquish but I don't regard it to be the best TPS around, nothing like. Anarchy Reigns looks a bit of a dog but it plays so well.

I wouldn’t quite say redefined the genre, I really love this company and Bayonetta is artistically very fresh (moving to jazz, female lead using hair as a weapon etc etc), but imo the last game to really redefine the genre was the first Devil May Cry, arguably Ninja Gaiden as a later alternative which also contributed a lot to the genre. Bayonetta arguably perfects what these had done in some ways but it doesn’t quite redefine them.

IMO Metal Gear Rising is more likely to redefine the genre if you ask me.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#44Soanevalcke6Posted 10/5/2012 8:27:29 AM
Capcom is a master of intelligence.

They put all their good Developers in Clover, removing them from their previous teams
They make them make Great Games (Okami, Viewtiful Joe)
They shut them down, Losing all of their best Developers.

Also, You forgot about MadWorld and Infinite Space, Two Great games.
---
Qualities I look for in games: Atmosphere, Music, Exploration, and Freedom.
Deus Ex: HumΔn Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#45GeassMasterPosted 10/5/2012 8:30:17 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Capcom is a master of intelligence.

They put all their good Developers in Clover, removing them from their previous teams
They make them make Great Games (Okami, Viewtiful Joe)
They shut them down, Losing all of their best Developers.

Also, You forgot about MadWorld and Infinite Space, Two Great games.

MadWorld is kinda mediocre, it's only good because it was on the Wii, if it was released on other consoles it would be rated as a "meh" game.
#46gucciburrrPosted 10/5/2012 8:44:10 AM
What world do you live in where Vanquish is the best TPS this gen? Gears of War wipes the floor with this game in every aspect from mechanics to characters. It also has the acclaim to back it up. Sorry, it gonna take alot more than a few Platinum groupies on gamefaqs to verify such an asinine claim. Don't make with laugh with your Anarchy Reigns nonsense. This mediocre junk can't even get a domestic release date and majority couldn't care less. Fact is, Platinum made one great game this gen, Bayonetta,. The rest have been decent at best.
---
A lame poster; That's that s**t I don't like #bangbang
#472DshmuploverPosted 10/5/2012 9:14:26 AM
gucciburrr posted...
What world do you live in where Vanquish is the best TPS this gen? Gears of War wipes the floor with this game in every aspect from mechanics to characters. It also has the acclaim to back it up.

Precisely.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#48Hvv0l24n9Posted 10/5/2012 9:31:52 AM
BokuxPico posted...
Decent company but overrated by fanboys. Especially ones with a grudge against Capcom. Bayonetta was a decent action game but it would've been a lot better if they removed the qtes.

This.

As a full game Bayo is great, but it didn't do anything groundbreaking for action games. Besides level design no one has been able to tell me how it's so much better than DMC4, much less DMC3.

People only say Vanquish is the best TPS because Platinum/Japan. Screw GoW/western development/xbox/Epic.
It's fun, it's different, but it isn't hands down better than GoW.

Madworld didn't really make a splash, and neither did Max Anarchy.

Rising looks good, though. Kamiya has nothing to do with it. I don't see how fanboys are still unaware of that.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#49ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/5/2012 9:37:36 AM
Master Alien posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Master Alien posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
BokuxPico posted...
Decent company but overrated by fanboys. Especially ones with a grudge against Capcom. Bayonetta was a decent action game but it would've been a lot better if they removed the qtes.

False. Platinum Games released the greatest action game of all time, the greatest TPS of all time and the greatest Multiplayer brawler of all time within only 2 years.

They are easily the best developer this gen.

Not sure if serious but you do more to prove its an ok company vastly over rated by its fanboys than refute it with that post.

Nope. You just proved that your opinion is false.

Thank you for proving my point on the fanboyism :)

Thank you for proving that you have bad taste.
#50RollingCradlePosted 10/5/2012 9:39:36 AM
Bayonetta2 WiiU exclusive yeah baby!