This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Platinum Games is one of the best things to happen this gen

#51johnnytanyushuPosted 10/5/2012 9:45:48 AM(edited)
gucciburrr posted...
What world do you live in where Vanquish is the best TPS this gen? Gears of War wipes the floor with this game in every aspect from mechanics to characters. It also has the acclaim to back it up. Sorry, it gonna take alot more than a few Platinum groupies on gamefaqs to verify such an asinine claim. Don't make with laugh with your Anarchy Reigns nonsense. This mediocre junk can't even get a domestic release date and majority couldn't care less. Fact is, Platinum made one great game this gen, Bayonetta,. The rest have been decent at best.

Vanquish kick GoW ass because it basically make it look like it is a slow paced shooter. In vanquish, things are always happening, it force you think on the fly, how to handle different situation and enemies. The score system actually want the player to relay less on cover and move forward, gunning down enemies as quick as possible. In GoW, most of the time is spend running from cover to cover, Yeah that so much fun right ?
#52FiendingHard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 10:09:41 AM
gucciburrr posted...
Don't make with laugh with your Anarchy Reigns nonsense. This mediocre junk can't even get a domestic release date and majority couldn't care less.

Blame Sega for that, not promoting their games at all and making stupid decisions overall. Platinum said Anarchy Reigns was completed and localized in the summer, Sega delayed it for no reason.

But why do you care about its release date, the way you're so certain its mediocre junk makes it sound like you've already played it. And what are my alternatives for a good 3D multiplayer brawler if Anarchy Reigns is so mediocre?
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Final Fantasy 6, Vanquish
#53Master AlienPosted 10/5/2012 10:09:43 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Thank you for proving that you have bad taste.

Done arguing with this little kid. When you say opinions and tastes as if they are facts, you clearly don't know how to argue let alone debate LOL "your opinion is wrong, my opinion is right"...total lack of critical thought these days
#54BatarianProphetPosted 10/5/2012 1:33:31 PM
Platinum sux I hate all weaboo crap.
#55rahmed51387Posted 10/5/2012 1:38:29 PM
You mention clover, yet no mention of God hand.

You mention future Platinum Game projects, but no Wonderful 101 found.

What kind of P* fan are you?!?! ; )

(By the way, this post is a complete agreement).
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#56Kazuya_80Posted 10/5/2012 1:48:59 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
A couple of 80% games on metacritic does not make them one of the best devs this gen.

Professional reviews where points arnt given because they might not like the music or difficulty don't mean **** to certain people.
#57Jon_GodPosted 10/5/2012 2:32:29 PM
I respect Platinum games, but think they are just a decent company, nothing more.

All their games have issues, while still being good.

I can't name a single Platinum Games game that had a good, or memorable story.

-JG
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#58ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/6/2012 1:54:05 AM
Master Alien posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Thank you for proving that you have bad taste.

Done arguing with this little kid. When you say opinions and tastes as if they are facts, you clearly don't know how to argue let alone debate LOL "your opinion is wrong, my opinion is right"...total lack of critical thought these days

There was no point in arguing with you in the first place. You don't like good games. That's fine. But that doesn't mean the company is overrated. Just look at their track record. It's being severely underrated because they don't develop generic pewpew shootahs you Muricans can enjoy.
#59eternalwitnessPosted 10/6/2012 2:18:16 AM
johnnytanyushu posted...
gucciburrr posted...
What world do you live in where Vanquish is the best TPS this gen? Gears of War wipes the floor with this game in every aspect from mechanics to characters. It also has the acclaim to back it up. Sorry, it gonna take alot more than a few Platinum groupies on gamefaqs to verify such an asinine claim. Don't make with laugh with your Anarchy Reigns nonsense. This mediocre junk can't even get a domestic release date and majority couldn't care less. Fact is, Platinum made one great game this gen, Bayonetta,. The rest have been decent at best.

Vanquish kick GoW ass because it basically make it look like it is a slow paced shooter. In vanquish, things are always happening, it force you think on the fly, how to handle different situation and enemies. The score system actually want the player to relay less on cover and move forward, gunning down enemies as quick as possible. In GoW, most of the time is spend running from cover to cover, Yeah that so much fun right ?

I agree, and I would go as far as saying Vanquish is better than Uncharted in the gameplay category.
#60PhoenixmgsPosted 10/6/2012 3:41:41 AM(edited)
Doom_Infinite posted...
I wouldn’t quite say redefined the genre, I really love this company and Bayonetta is artistically very fresh (moving to jazz, female lead using hair as a weapon etc etc), but imo the last game to really redefine the genre was the first Devil May Cry

The Platinum guys made DMC.

gucciburrr posted...
What world do you live in where Vanquish is the best TPS this gen? Gears of War wipes the floor with this game in every aspect from mechanics to characters.

Vanquish's gameplay is far better than Gears. Gears is a glorified version of whack-a-mole. A shooter isn't fun when I'm sitting in cover waiting for enemies to poke their heads out. Vanquish gives you the ability to not use cover while being at least 10 times more faced paced to boot. Vanquish's story and characters are just satirizing generic Western shooters, it's not to be taken seriously. Plus, it's basically a Sci-fi version of Red Dawn and it actually makes more sense than Red Dawn too.

eternalwitness posted...
I agree, and I would go as far as saying Vanquish is better than Uncharted in the gameplay category.

Uncharted's gameplay needs a lot of work. Circle doesn't work for both taking cover and for rolling. Plus, Uncharted doesn't allow you to change the camera sensitivity (in ALL 3 freaking games), that's a big no-no for a TPS because you aim with the free look camera in a TPS (it's something the user should be able to change). Plus, Uncharted's camera speed is beyond sluggish. And, the shoulder swapping in Uncharted is so clunky that it's pretty much useless.
---
"Half of writing history is hiding the truth" - Malcolm Reynolds - Serenity