This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Platinum Games is one of the best things to happen this gen

#61deathsaber79Posted 10/6/2012 10:19:02 AM
Capcom is still better than Platinum. Street fighter 4, Dead Rising, Dragons Dogma, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and yes, Resident Evil 5 & 6 are all better than anything Platinum has pooped out during its existence.
#62SaggyMaggiePosted 10/6/2012 11:33:46 AM
Have platinums in both Bayonetta & Vanquish.

Great games, great developer.

<3 P*
#63Kingmichael1337Posted 10/6/2012 11:38:00 AM
FiendingHard posted...

Vanquish - The best third person shooter this gen, arguably the best TPS of all time

aside from the lack of multiplayer, the tiny length of the campaign, the terrible story, the crappy dialogue, the atrocious voice acting, the mediocre graphics, etc.

the only reason i was able to push myself to finish that poop game was because of the achievements tbh; i'm glad i didn't pay for it because i got it from the library for free
---
the mods are watching me
#64ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/7/2012 2:24:06 AM
deathsaber79 posted...
Capcom is still better than Platinum. Street fighter 4, Dead Rising, Dragons Dogma, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and yes, Resident Evil 5 & 6 are all better than anything Platinum has pooped out during its existence.

Hahahahahaha
#65mad_hax_manPosted 10/7/2012 3:13:46 AM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
FiendingHard posted...

Vanquish - The best third person shooter this gen, arguably the best TPS of all time

aside from the lack of multiplayer, the tiny length of the campaign, the terrible story, the crappy dialogue, the atrocious voice acting, the mediocre graphics, etc.

the only reason i was able to push myself to finish that poop game was because of the achievements tbh; i'm glad i didn't pay for it because i got it from the library for free

Sooooooo, you judged the game on all aspects excluding the gameplay. Good job
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#66LifeOfSynPosted 10/7/2012 9:28:18 AM
Okami is a masterpiece but Bayonetta and Vanquish were garbage. Average gameplay and terrible everything else.
---
Platinum Games: Possibly the worst studio in the history of gaming.
#67Deimos259Posted 10/7/2012 9:29:54 AM
Confirm.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#68SightoPosted 10/7/2012 9:30:14 AM
Agreed TC. They're up there with SE and Gust as one of my favorite devs this gen.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#69DemiFistPosted 10/7/2012 9:59:16 AM
Can't agree with this one. Bayonetta is easily Platinum's best game, but it is a farcry from greatest action game of all time. That crown still belongs to DMC3 IMO. Bayonetta is an 8.0 at the highest.
Vanquish was decent fun, again I prefer Gears of War,, Binary Domain and Spec Ops the Line this gen when it comes to 3ps.
And Anarchy Reigns. That game is mediocre as can be. I was majorly pumped for it, only because I did like MadWorld so I imported it at nearly $100... Worst $100 game I ever bought. I'd rather go back and play Powerstone on my Dreamcast before I ever touched the shovelware known as Max Anarchy ever again.

However I will be buying Bayonetta 2 because I know it will be worth it.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#70flamesaber111Posted 10/7/2012 10:05:39 AM
Yeah, Bayonetta was cool but it's definitely not better than Devil May Cry 3.
---
Manga that everyone should read: Fairy Tail