This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Platinum Games is one of the best things to happen this gen

#71mogar002Posted 10/7/2012 9:07:04 AM
Didn't read the OP, but no.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#72SonicFreak99Posted 10/7/2012 11:45:45 AM
DemiFist posted...
Can't agree with this one. Bayonetta is easily Platinum's best game, but it is a farcry from greatest action game of all time. That crown still belongs to DMC3 IMO. Bayonetta is an 8.0 at the highest.
Vanquish was decent fun, again I prefer Gears of War,, Binary Domain and Spec Ops the Line this gen when it comes to 3ps.
And Anarchy Reigns. That game is mediocre as can be. I was majorly pumped for it, only because I did like MadWorld so I imported it at nearly $100... Worst $100 game I ever bought. I'd rather go back and play Powerstone on my Dreamcast before I ever touched the shovelware known as Max Anarchy ever again.

However I will be buying Bayonetta 2 because I know it will be worth it.

So Anarchy Reigns was THAT bad? What didn't you like about the game?
---
PSN: MetalGearLiquid
#73IvanKozlovPosted 10/7/2012 12:42:29 PM
nclrwntr posted...
FiendingHard posted...

Bayonetta 2 will also be one of the best action games and all it has to do is be just as good as the first. People can't say Nintendo doesn't cater to hardcore gamers anymore because Bayonetta is one of the most hardcore games around.

Yup. So hardcore that it sold like crap. Here's to hoping it does better on the WiiU. LOL.

Since when is selling over one million copies "selling like crap?" Maybe you should actually know what you're talking about before you try to act like a smart ass.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#74Hvv0l24n9Posted 10/7/2012 2:15:49 PM
Phoenixmgs posted...
Doom_Infinite posted...
I wouldn’t quite say redefined the genre, I really love this company and Bayonetta is artistically very fresh (moving to jazz, female lead using hair as a weapon etc etc), but imo the last game to really redefine the genre was the first Devil May Cry

The Platinum guys made DMC.

gucciburrr posted...
What world do you live in where Vanquish is the best TPS this gen? Gears of War wipes the floor with this game in every aspect from mechanics to characters.

Vanquish's gameplay is far better than Gears. Gears is a glorified version of whack-a-mole. A shooter isn't fun when I'm sitting in cover waiting for enemies to poke their heads out. Vanquish gives you the ability to not use cover while being at least 10 times more faced paced to boot. Vanquish's story and characters are just satirizing generic Western shooters, it's not to be taken seriously. Plus, it's basically a Sci-fi version of Red Dawn and it actually makes more sense than Red Dawn too.

eternalwitness posted...
I agree, and I would go as far as saying Vanquish is better than Uncharted in the gameplay category.

Uncharted's gameplay needs a lot of work. Circle doesn't work for both taking cover and for rolling. Plus, Uncharted doesn't allow you to change the camera sensitivity (in ALL 3 freaking games), that's a big no-no for a TPS because you aim with the free look camera in a TPS (it's something the user should be able to change). Plus, Uncharted's camera speed is beyond sluggish. And, the shoulder swapping in Uncharted is so clunky that it's pretty much useless.

Uh...one of the Platinum guys was involved with DMC. Maybe a few others, but only one notable. There's also a Capcom guy who worked on that very game. Point kind of moot.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#75Hvv0l24n9Posted 10/7/2012 2:16:34 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
nclrwntr posted...
FiendingHard posted...

Bayonetta 2 will also be one of the best action games and all it has to do is be just as good as the first. People can't say Nintendo doesn't cater to hardcore gamers anymore because Bayonetta is one of the most hardcore games around.

Yup. So hardcore that it sold like crap. Here's to hoping it does better on the WiiU. LOL.

Since when is selling over one million copies "selling like crap?" Maybe you should actually know what you're talking about before you try to act like a smart ass.

Tell that to the RE6 bashers.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#76Kingmichael1337Posted 10/7/2012 2:22:03 PM
mad_hax_man posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
FiendingHard posted...

Vanquish - The best third person shooter this gen, arguably the best TPS of all time

aside from the lack of multiplayer, the tiny length of the campaign, the terrible story, the crappy dialogue, the atrocious voice acting, the mediocre graphics, etc.

the only reason i was able to push myself to finish that poop game was because of the achievements tbh; i'm glad i didn't pay for it because i got it from the library for free

Sooooooo, you judged the game on all aspects excluding the gameplay. Good job

wasn't that great; pretty much your average third person shooter with time slowing abilities
---
the mods are watching me
#77LuminescentRulePosted 10/7/2012 3:11:08 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
nclrwntr posted...
FiendingHard posted...

Since it's a multiplatform game that hit the bargain bin super fast. Which would explain why sega dropped the game.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#78IvanKozlovPosted 10/7/2012 4:11:01 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
IvanKozlov posted...
nclrwntr posted...
FiendingHard posted...

Since it's a multiplatform game that hit the bargain bin super fast. Which would explain why sega dropped the game.

Anecdotal evidence is pointless to use. Please don't try. As for why Sega didn't produce the sequel, it is because they were hemorrhaging money. They canceled a lot of projects.

http://m.kotaku.com/5897717/sega-canning-games-losing-money
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#79LuminescentRulePosted 10/7/2012 4:48:36 PM
Anecdotal evidence is pointless to use. Please don't try. As for why Sega didn't produce the sequel, it is because they were hemorrhaging money. They canceled a lot of projects.

So, you're saying they would cancel a game that was profitable to get back to profit? How does that work again?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#80IvanKozlovPosted 10/7/2012 5:36:41 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

So, you're saying they would cancel a game that was profitable to get back to profit? How does that work again?

They couldn't afford to publish the sequel. Again, hemorrhaging money. The game may have been profitable, but not profitable enough to take the place of producing yet another Sonic game. Bayonetta sold 1.35 million and, yes, was profitable.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sega-sammy-posts-profits-bayonetta-platinum-6262538
---