This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Platinum Games is one of the best things to happen this gen

#81Joehop007Posted 10/7/2012 9:06:48 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
Capcom is still better than Platinum. Street fighter 4, Dead Rising, Dragons Dogma, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and yes, Resident Evil 5 & 6 are all better than anything Platinum has pooped out during its existence.

You do realize that a lot of developers for Platinum are actually former Capcom developers right?
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#82Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 10/7/2012 9:42:06 PM
Bayonetta and Vanquish are the best action games I've played this gen. They are truly next gen and innovate the genre. I can't wait for MGR Revengeance.
#83PhoenixmgsPosted 10/7/2012 9:50:35 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Phoenixmgs posted...
Doom_Infinite posted...
I wouldn’t quite say redefined the genre, I really love this company and Bayonetta is artistically very fresh (moving to jazz, female lead using hair as a weapon etc etc), but imo the last game to really redefine the genre was the first Devil May Cry

The Platinum guys made DMC.

Uh...one of the Platinum guys was involved with DMC. Maybe a few others, but only one notable. There's also a Capcom guy who worked on that very game. Point kind of moot.

Uh...Hideki Kamiya created DMC. And, now Capcom can't even make a DMC game in-house anymore as they out-sourced it to another developer. The Resident Evil series has been less than steller without Kamiya or Shinji Mikami at Capcom anymore. When Capcom lost the Platinum guys, they lost all their best devs outside of the fighting genre devs. Capcom was a studio that could CREATE a new IP like Resident Evil and DMC, now they can't even make quality sequels to those established series.
---
"Half of writing history is hiding the truth" - Malcolm Reynolds - Serenity