This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the first Final Fantasy you ever played?

#41archizzyPosted 10/5/2012 4:08:24 PM
AXKSION posted...
Disappointed with all the 'Tactics' answers, with Tactics Ogre (original and/or PSP remake) being the superior game.

The topic is purely about which FF game people played first and if it is your favorite. Games outside of FF really have no place in the discussion.

The thing I find interesting is how many people never even started the series until 7 or later. Shows how many young people are on this board.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#42chaosflame108Posted 10/5/2012 4:09:52 PM
Final Fantasy 7 was my first, and Final Fantasy 13 is my favorite in the series.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#43AXKSIONPosted 10/5/2012 4:13:52 PM
archizzy posted...
AXKSION posted...
Disappointed with all the 'Tactics' answers, with Tactics Ogre (original and/or PSP remake) being the superior game.

The topic is purely about which FF game people played first and if it is your favorite. Games outside of FF really have no place in the discussion.

The thing I find interesting is how many people never even started the series until 7 or later. Shows how many young people are on this board.

Final Fantasy Tactics was ripped out of Tactics Ogre. Square made Final Fantasy Tactics from TO.

Anyhow, I played Super Mario RPG The Legend of the Seven Stars way way before Final Fantasy 7, but do I like it more than 7? No. Still SMRPG is probably my 2nd favorite game of all time. The first game I ever played, back when it first came out was Super Mario Bros / Duckhunt pack, so your "young" argument is BS.

And the reason why I never played Final Fantasy (4? the one either never released or released years later outside of Japan) was because I could not read the Japanese on my Super Famicon version so I never got far.
#44AXKSIONPosted 10/5/2012 4:14:44 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
Final Fantasy 13 is my favorite in the series.

@___________________________________________________________________________@
#45undeadeathPosted 10/5/2012 4:19:55 PM
AXKSION posted...

Even if Tactics Ogre is the superior game, it doesn't stop Tactics from being a lot people's favorite FF game.
---
Check out my friend's gaming blog! - http://gameternity.wordpress.com/
#46_ChunksTM_Posted 10/5/2012 4:24:36 PM
Final Fantasy on NES, and it is not my favorite. FFIII(VI) on the SNES is my favorite of the series.
---
Peace through tyranny.
#47archizzyPosted 10/5/2012 4:41:15 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics was ripped out of Tactics Ogre. Square made Final Fantasy Tactics from TO.

Anyhow, I played Super Mario RPG The Legend of the Seven Stars way way before Final Fantasy 7, but do I like it more than 7? No. Still SMRPG is probably my 2nd favorite game of all time. The first game I ever played, back when it first came out was Super Mario Bros / Duckhunt pack, so your "young" argument is BS.

And the reason why I never played Final Fantasy (4? the one either never released or released years later outside of Japan) was because I could not read the Japanese on my Super Famicon version so I never got far.

I'm not debating about TO. All I'm saying is that Tactics very well can be someones favorite FF in the series. Take any series of games and people will have a favorite. Just because another game from a different series is better is irrelevant in a discussion limited to one specific series.

As for the young posters you are personalizing it too much. While you may not be as young there is no doubt that many of the posters that started with 7 or later are young. It isn't an insult to say someone is young. Just an observation.

Lastly I don't need your reasoning for not playing until 7. It makes no difference to me.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#48abnergoinbigPosted 10/5/2012 4:48:57 PM
8 and no.
#49SightoPosted 10/5/2012 4:50:06 PM
FF1 was my first, but FF11 is my favorite due to the amazing story/music.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#50ironmaidenfan70Posted 10/5/2012 4:50:08 PM
FF1
---
4ItchyTasty