This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sonic Adventure 2 makes me miss playing as all the other great Sonic characters

#1PhaseBlackPosted 10/5/2012 4:01:19 PM
Sonic Generations nailed Sonic's gameplay but how about we bring back Shadow, Tails, Knuckles and make them play well.

Maybe Silver too but no more than that, all that today's Sonic games are missing is variety.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2PhoenixRushPosted 10/5/2012 4:25:37 PM
Sega: Too bad, Sonic time.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#3califortunefadePosted 10/5/2012 4:50:22 PM
They were only fun to play when they were basically clones of Sonic, but with a different special ability.

Over the years they made those characters play so completely different from the way Sonic played that they were just boring.
---
The moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have God.
#4qwertyMrJINXPosted 10/5/2012 4:55:41 PM
Hey, if Tails and Knuckles can both use the spin dash, then why would I want to play as Sonic?
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#5morphinapgPosted 10/5/2012 4:56:46 PM
people complained when sega kept including all those other characters in a SONIC game. Personally, I don't care, but make them optional rather then part of the main story. Do it like Sonic 2/3, where the alternate characters played through the same levels, just with a different set of abilities and a slightly different story. I hated that SA2 only featured hedgehog gameplay for about 20% of the game. It should have been at least 50%
#6TehRYNOLPosted 10/5/2012 5:05:38 PM
I'm glad they got rid of the other playable characters.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#7OmegaPosted 10/5/2012 5:08:34 PM
morphinapg posted...
people complained when sega kept including all those other characters in a SONIC game. Personally, I don't care, but make them optional rather then part of the main story. Do it like Sonic 2/3, where the alternate characters played through the same levels, just with a different set of abilities and a slightly different story. I hated that SA2 only featured hedgehog gameplay for about 20% of the game. It should have been at least 50%

It should have been at least 100%. The shooter levels, chao raising, treasure hunting, and cart racing levels are atrocious.
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#8Jinzo 111887Posted 10/5/2012 5:11:11 PM
qwertyMrJINX posted...
Hey, if Tails and Knuckles can both use the spin dash, then why would I want to play as Sonic?

Sonic boosts right into enemies and sends them flying for laughs.
---
"Michael Vick was arrested for getting in an assault plane and shooting down other planes?" - L0Z
#9morphinapgPosted 10/5/2012 6:35:23 PM
morphinapg posted...

It should have been at least 100%. The shooter levels, chao raising, treasure hunting, and cart racing levels are atrocious.

I agree, I always prefer 100% sonic over anything else (which is why I loved Generations so much), but if you're going to include other characters, I'm okay with that too, just make them optional, as in, not necessary to finish the main story, and make them play very similar to Sonic, on the same levels, with some different abilities, like Tails' flying, knuckles climbing, etc (heck even the werehog would work with the right level design). Basically, make the extra characters the replay value rather than the main game. Sonic Adventure got close to that. Sonic's gameplay took up most of the play time, and the other characters (at first glance) appeared to be optional, but the problem was in order to see the final ending, you had to beat all the characters.
#10bsballa09Posted 10/5/2012 6:37:50 PM
I don't get why Sonic games are so hard to make for Sega. Just make the game like Sonic Adventure 1 with gameplay like Sonic Unleashed daytime levels.
---
inafterinb4bsballa