This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Borderlands 2 not a RPG?

#1hockeybub89Posted 10/5/2012 4:07:57 PM
Are you not allowed to be considered a RPG if you use guns that are shot in the first-person? Because it seems pretty obvious that the game is a RPG. It has all of the aspects that one would expect in such a game. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#2superbowl54Posted 10/5/2012 4:14:32 PM
the same people who say that are the ones that say Mass Effect is not an RPG
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Uncharted 3, Metro 2033, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Dragon's Dogma
#3methosagainPosted 10/5/2012 4:14:37 PM
Its not only if your Greer
#4AXKSIONPosted 10/5/2012 4:16:05 PM
Call of Duty is definitely an RPG, judging from all the RPG elements in multiplayer. Same logic can be applied for Boringlands 2, pewpew!
#5Baha05Posted 10/5/2012 4:16:20 PM
Because a lot of people want RPGs to be just one genre and one genre over and anything that combines RPG and another type of Genre (Action RPG) is considered crap in their eyes.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#6methosagainPosted 10/5/2012 4:18:40 PM
AXKSION posted...
Call of Duty is definitely an RPG, judging from all the RPG elements in multiplayer. Same logic can be applied for Boringlands 2, pewpew!

Not the same, and your being unintelligent to even state such drivel. BL has state based gameplay, skill trees, quests, and all the other hallmarks of an RPG, all of which COD lacks. BL is for all intents and purposes, basically an 1st person version of Diablo
#7Baha05Posted 10/5/2012 4:20:00 PM
Hell he doesn't even get the pewpew sound effect...
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#8md22mdrxPosted 10/5/2012 4:35:00 PM
It's a hybrid ...

So it's BOTH.

Who cares about categories anyways ... it's fun as heck.
#9Marnex15Posted 10/5/2012 4:50:50 PM
Borderlands is an RPG. It has all of the core elements of an RPG. JRPG fanboys can scream and shout all they want about how it isn't an RPG "cause it has guns lol derp", but it won't actually make them right.

AXKSION posted...

So you're still using this idiotic logic? Please enlighten us to what you define as an RPG? Because I'm sure everyone here would love to know.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#10RomangeloPosted 10/5/2012 4:52:56 PM
IMO what's make an RPG is the gameplay.

Borderlands has FPS gameplay so it's not an RPG for me.
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II