This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite final fantasy villain

#21ramseanPosted 10/6/2012 11:29:33 AM
FiendingHard posted...
ramsean posted...
I always thought the villains were Final Fantasy's weakest area. Plus shouldn't it be Jenova not Sephiroth as the villain for FFVII. Outside of flashbacks Sephiroth was never in control.

Quite the opposite really. Wasn't Sephiroth controlling Jenova?

no
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFVII, Journey
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines
#22Deimos259Posted 10/6/2012 11:31:09 AM
Golbez or Sephiroth.

Zemus was all right.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#23PringerXPosted 10/6/2012 11:37:08 AM(edited)
Final Fantasy VI and VII are the two most common games of the series for people to have started with, so it's no surprise the villains from those two get all the credit. But if you're actually judging them based on what they did, both of them are pretty low on the list. If Kefka became a "god" and "destroyed the world", then how did he manage to let a huge party go up his mountain and kill him? Pretty lame if you ask me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zW2zO.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/GameOverComesAll.png
#24FiendingHardPosted 10/6/2012 11:37:25 AM
ramsean posted...
FiendingHard posted...
ramsean posted...
I always thought the villains were Final Fantasy's weakest area. Plus shouldn't it be Jenova not Sephiroth as the villain for FFVII. Outside of flashbacks Sephiroth was never in control.

no

When Sephiroth was in the lifestream he gained a lot of knowledge and basically his will became stronger than Jenova's at that point.

I used to think Jenova was controlling Sephiroth too but go read the wiki, it sets a lot of things straight that people consider to be plot holes.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Final Fantasy 6, Vanquish
#25Aribar_HunterPosted 10/6/2012 11:45:29 AM
Exdeath, why do you only have three votes?
---
"Imagine Portal but in reverse. If you can't visualize that, don't bother trying to be a game designer." - Peter Molydeux
#26cloud2556(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 6:15:36 PM
ramsean posted...
FiendingHard posted...
ramsean posted...

no

I never really thought jenova as a villain. Sephiroth just got all mad and tried to take his mommy. The thing was just his mom
---
"Only fools believe in deterrence."
#27Killingjoke_666Posted 10/6/2012 8:43:58 PM
Kuja his boss music was awesome.

Non main villain would be Ultros
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#28star_guy_100Posted 10/6/2012 8:49:13 PM
its actually close for me between dr. cid and sephiroth. since dr. cid wasnt included for some reason, id go sephiroth. i was never impressed at all by kefka as a villian.
#29cloud2556(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 6:07:09 AM
Killingjoke_666 posted...
Kuja his boss music was awesome.

Non main villain would be Ultros

Hmmm.... You chose kuja just for the music. Interesting.
---
"Only fools believe in deterrence."
#30SabramPosted 10/7/2012 6:15:34 AM
I prefer Sephiroth due to him being one of the only villains to fully control a main character and make them further his agenda.

I always thought that Sephiroth was in control, as if Jenova was, it wouldnt bother to try to use Cloud specifically for it's ends.
---
Official Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram