This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What GameStop will give you

#11BurgerTime79Posted 10/7/2012 3:33:09 PM
almasbaby posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
almasbaby posted...
I just thought people meight like to know what they'd get.

And most of us do. It's called cheapassgamer.com
They list what Gamestop offers for trade ins, and the site seriously needs to be a sticky on the top of almost every single board.

Never heard of it.

Well now that you have, use it to find out your answer. Everyone else uses that site to tell you, or makes up a number.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#12djrudenPosted 10/7/2012 3:34:30 PM
Gamestop will give you a used game when you go in to purchase a new one. But they will refer to the used one as new so it's ok legally despite it being open and played with already.
#13BatarianProphetPosted 10/7/2012 3:34:47 PM
If you're Canadian www.tivs.ca is a good place to check in trade in values for every store that does tradeins. Do keep the date in mind because people have to manually update it so some prices are outdated by a few months/years.
#14king_maddenPosted 10/7/2012 6:20:06 PM
djruden posted...
Gamestop will give you a used game when you go in to purchase a new one. But they will refer to the used one as new so it's ok legally despite it being open and played with already.

i have kleenex for you
#15BurgerTime79Posted 10/7/2012 6:26:57 PM
djruden posted...

NO they ****ing don't! If a store is doing this, then report them.
Just because the packaging has been opened, doesn't mean it's been used. Playing it means it's been used. When you guys copy/paste this same tired old complaint, it sends the message that every single store is taking the traded in games and selling them back as new, or that the employees are taking the display copy games home to play. Again, if you know a store is doing that, it's against corporate policy. Report them.
The fact that people still cling to this lie to trash on the company just shows how little people know about the company.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#16jcrush089Posted 10/7/2012 6:35:28 PM
its better to just keep the game and not trade it in considering how they never give a good value for it. employee was going to give $5 bucks to trade a ps3 game the bluray disc alone is worth more than that
#17AwayFromHerePosted 10/7/2012 6:50:56 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
djruden posted...

Just because the packaging has been opened, doesn't mean it's been used.

No, that's not how it works.

You cannot walk into a Gamestop with a brand new sealed game and expect full price for it. They make you open it, and then they give you the used price.

It's complete garbage that they can do that to customers but customers can't do it to them.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#18king_maddenPosted 10/7/2012 7:24:40 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
djruden posted...

Just because the packaging has been opened, doesn't mean it's been used.

No, that's not how it works.

You cannot walk into a Gamestop with a brand new sealed game and expect full price for it. They make you open it, and then they give you the used price.

It's complete garbage that they can do that to customers but customers can't do it to them.

wait so you're telling me gamestop doesnt want to be scammed?

what kind of nonsense is that?

wait i walked into bestbuy with a brand new sealed game and they wouldnt give me full price for it either......its some kind of conspiracy i tell ya.

oh and to jcrush, sometimes its better to get $5 instead of nothing, to some people.