This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can savefiles be easily recovered?

#1Killeryoshi8Posted 10/6/2012 10:05:02 AM
With the PC and using Steam, your savefiles are automatically synced with the servers, so even if you lose all the data at your local drive, your progress still is safe.

Does PSN offer something like this? I'm about to buy a PS3.
---
Planetside 2 ---> Free to play Massive Online Shooter
#2Iceberg73ePosted 10/6/2012 10:06:01 AM
Only if you have Playstation Plus
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#3riddlebox89Posted 10/6/2012 10:37:37 AM
Some saves (mostly for games with no trophy system, some with trophy systems do let you but you have to have the same account when copying it off the USB to your PS3) let you copy them to a USB device as many times as you want, others are system locked so you can't do anything with them unless you have a PS+ subscription.

Why Sony wants us to pay for something that should've been free from the start I have no idea.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4RomangeloPosted 10/6/2012 10:39:27 AM
you can easily back up all of your save files now, since they added an ability to select all save files and copy them to thumbdrive.
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#5Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 12:51:31 PM
I'm getting a bit confused now. Can I store all savefiles of every game on a USB stick, or only selected ones?
---
Planetside 2 ---> Free to play Massive Online Shooter
#6jessica73Posted 10/6/2012 1:02:33 PM
Some games are locked to the system, but most of them aren't using that stupid system anymore.
---
Player Character : "Eight virtues ? Why so many ?"
Shamino : "People are complicated.". [Bioware ruining Ultima's legacy]