This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or is there a lot of old gamers, more than younger

#1uniquecutieVERSPosted 10/6/2012 10:07:08 AM
You would think as time grows we pick up more younger crowds. but the old heads are hanging in here. Reading some of the topics here(sign if you are married and have a life) these guys have to be over 30 and pushing 40. I guess the 19-26 gamers are more on the casual side of gaming while your 30 and above guys stick to the roots of hardcore gaming.

Either that or gamefaq is the place for old people

How old are you again? I'm 17 and young as a bird at birth not able to even fly yet!!
---
Waiting on Valkrie Profile: DL to release for the Vita. It's like the best RPG game there is there was and will ever be!!
facebook/lasexidyme
#2Kingmichael1337Posted 10/6/2012 10:09:22 AM
i'm 20 and in community college and i ain't got no job and no money

the only new games i can play are mymathlab and wileyplus
---
the mods are watching me
#3Dimon101Posted 10/6/2012 10:10:23 AM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
i'm 20 and in community college and i ain't got no job and no money

the only new games i can play are mymathlab and wileyplus

lol...mymathlab is not a game...it is educational software...
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#4true_gamer80Posted 10/6/2012 10:13:23 AM(edited)
Either that or gamefaq is the place for old people

99.99% of all topics/posts here say otherwise. It seems to me this place has far more ignorant/childish/hateful users, acting like children fighting day in and out about the most ridiculous things thn actual adults discussing ps3 related topics in a civilised manner
---
Mastamind - Devil's Symphony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXw0v2OfdCg&feature=related
#5Baha05Posted 10/6/2012 10:12:43 AM
There are more older gamers but quite honestly with the way some act around here you'd figure they were the kids.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#6Dave4202Posted 10/6/2012 10:13:04 AM
uniquecutieVERS posted...
Reading some of the topics here(sign if you are married and have a life) these guys have to be over 30 and pushing 40. I guess the 19-26 gamers are more on the casual side of gaming while your 30 and above guys stick to the roots of hardcore gaming.

I know tons of people who are under 30 and married lol, that comment is pretty dumb.

And it's not really that gamefaqs is populated by older people, it's more that gamefaqs is populated by RPG fans.... since RPG's tend to not draw in the younger crowd anymore.... well i'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

Most younger gamers are to busy playing CoD or WoW to post on a message board.
#7MindGamingMantiPosted 10/6/2012 10:14:28 AM
19-26 is a large part of gaming's demographic. More so than the 30+ years people you'll find on a forum.

Btw, I'm 19, but I grew up on 3rd gen systems and onwards. Does that mean I'm casual? Whatever 'casual' is lol.
---
XBL GT: MindGaminMantis - PSN ID: MindGamingMantis
"The queen of death white winter enthroned."
#8greatmario3Posted 10/6/2012 10:15:51 AM
21 years, just out of 1 year course at a community college.

According to a study done by the ESA, the average Canadian gamer is 33 years old.

http://www.theesa.ca/documents/essential_facts_2010.pdf

Who has more time for videogames, let's find out!
---
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent
#9ozranPosted 10/6/2012 10:18:20 AM
25 here and I have been gaming since the original NES

there are plenty of younger gamers on par with the older.

you just do not see them posting on message boards cause they have not grown up enough to spew out the idiocy that you see on these boards
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#10ZukkusPosted 10/6/2012 10:19:16 AM
According to data from the Entertainment Software Association, the average game player is 30 years old.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss