This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM: Unknown Enemy will be a great game, if not GOTY but also a failure...

#21CthulhuDagonPosted 10/6/2012 2:25:37 PM
Deimos259 posted...
I will get Dishonored instead

Don't put too much faith in Arkane Studios. They're mediocre at best.

Don't say I didn't warn you all. It'll be Dark Messiah all over again.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#22king_maddenPosted 10/6/2012 2:42:15 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
turn based games suck. in real life, you don't take turns hitting each other. if games want to be immersive, they can't be turn based.

thats why xcom will suck

if we were basing things off og how things worked in real life, no game would be good enough.

heck I get shot like 20 times in COD and still live and sprint to other areas. takes away a little of that tension if I know i can take a few hits and keep going.

just saying we can all post dumb things.
#23iPr0kkaFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 4:14:52 PM
I should also mention that there is no console demo. They'll probably release it after the game itself is out. The PC demo is out and that demo alone sold me to must-buy.
#24dreamtheater33Posted 10/7/2012 4:28:44 PM
CthulhuDagon posted...
Deimos259 posted...
I will get Dishonored instead

Don't put too much faith in Arkane Studios. They're mediocre at best.

Don't say I didn't warn you all. It'll be Dark Messiah all over again.

LOl what does dark messiah have to with dishonored, oh nothing cause arkane didnt do it lol so much fail from a little kid click ignore for iq lower than a sponge so much fail
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#25GeminiX7Posted 10/7/2012 5:54:16 PM
turn based games suck. in real life, you don't take turns hitting each other. if games want to be immersive, they can't be turn based.

thats why xcom will suck

In a game about alien invasions, futuristic laser weapons and shadowy organizations, the thing that makes you cry about the lack of realism is the turn based combat. You are stellar.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#26AXKSIONPosted 10/7/2012 6:10:35 PM
Will be way too busy playing the GOTY (Dishonored).
#27Still__RippinPosted 10/7/2012 6:22:12 PM
AXKSION posted...
Will be way too busy playing the GOTY (Dishonored).

Good thing I'll buy both.
---
Propaganda- What lies before us and lies ahead of us are small matters compared to what lies right to our faces.
PSN- Rip_Dat_Bong
#28undeadeathPosted 10/7/2012 6:25:02 PM(edited)
No marketing = No Hype

I haven't seen a ton of ads at Gamestop or around the web and the only people that seem to be aware are fans of the original series. To add insult to injury, there's a lot of original fans who still think the game coming out involves the FPS idea they had for the series and most people didn't care about that. They're not marketing this game well at all.
---
Check out my friend's gaming blog! - http://gameternity.wordpress.com/
#29badboyPosted 10/7/2012 7:23:27 PM

thats why xcom will suck

Chess is turn-based, should they abandon it?
#30echa_OnePosted 10/7/2012 7:26:12 PM
No hype? Good. Price can drop even faster and I can enjoy it. That's bad for sequel, you say? Hah! Look at how long this game needed to come out.
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls