This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D SNES>>>PS3

#81ShugoshaPosted 10/6/2012 7:53:34 PM
D.

I'm just so sick and tired of all these nostalgiaholics who sound like they're 80-year-olds complaining about how things were better "in their time".
---
"Final Fantasy XV will be a movie but you can wiggle the camera! We'll make BILLIONS! 40/40 from Famitsu!" ~ grassyboots
#82jakestar0306Posted 10/6/2012 7:54:26 PM
SNES, obviously. People forget that games are what's most important in a console, and SNES clearly has better games.
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
#83MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 7:54:42 PM
Quote:Gigatank posted...
D.

For any progress to be made in this world, old ideas and notions need to simply die off. This is the way nature intend it to be, old people die thus taking old ideas and notions with them while young people are born daily effectively learning to accept and learn new technology, the idea is so that progress can be advanced; To turn over a new leaf. I am sorry but I am not sorry. This is now 2012, we dont have horse carts anymore, we dont use clubs and stones to fight, we don't wash cloths with our hands. Old tech give way to New tech otherwise we would be struck in the f***ing stone age. When it comes to gaming consoles, the same thing applies. Clinging to old ideas and longing for the past would just make your life horrible.

Technology will one that give us immortality, so that no one needs to die any more, but by then it will also have the technology to make us not age thus getting rid of any useless sense of nostalgia horses*** funky idea that old tech can be better than new tech.

Necessary innovations =/= Past-times

People still enjoy listening to Beethoven and Mozart. They like partaking in fencing and archery, riding horses, playing cards, doing chess matches, and many other activities that have a timeless appeal. I wasn't born when Space Invaders or Dig Dug first came out but I sure do enjoy playing them. Besides, there are some things that were simply built better back in the day like furniture and its the reason why people still seek out antiques.

Nostalgia can be the reason why some people still enjoy certain things. I thought Metal Gear Solid was the greatest game of all time until I played it again, and it had obviously become horribly outdated. I can recognize when things have a timeless appeal and when they don't and many of the games from SNES era are still tons of fun to play today. I'm discovering games that I used to enjoy that I can no longer enjoy and at the same time many that I know I will always enjoy.

People like you put too much stock in nostalgia and can't accept that some people aren't going to enjoy the same things as you. For example, the adventure gaming genre has simpler puzzles than they used to have and that's because it appeals to a wide audience. I think that makes the genre worse but many people will like that better.

@undeadeath

I guess we are just all different because I can replay MGS this second and I still find it amazing and fun to play, same with symphony of the night and super mario world, mega man x, etc. in fact I played them so much throughout the years im bored of them.
#84cavebear56Posted 10/6/2012 8:03:44 PM
Different strokes for different folks.

I don't view every generation of consoles as being "better" than the previous just different or there to replace previous games, that isn't how life works.

New movies, or literature, aren't all magically better because they're in a new format with extra features or more relevant with the pop culture references.

Plenty of experiences the PS3 doesn't offer game wise that my SNES still does, and it works both ways.

Plenty of games I can't experience on the SNES than the PS3.

I still prefer my SNES over my PS3 as a gaming system. I have far more games that I still go back and play compared to my PS3 collection.

I understand why people may prefer the PS3 over the SNES, even those like me who lived a good bit before the SNES, but I personally don't feel that way.

To each their own or some such thing.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#85DarkSymbiotePosted 10/6/2012 8:04:29 PM
C.
---
My Darksiders II Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/988570-darksiders-ii/reviews/review-151743
#86MaximoomPosted 10/6/2012 8:05:56 PM
Considering I still having my snes and i never owned a PS3 (but played few games on it)

PS3 > Snes by a huge margin.

This comparisson is just retarded.
#87DarkSymbiotePosted 10/6/2012 8:07:14 PM
Maximoom posted...
Considering I still having my snes and i never owned a PS3 (but played few games on it)

PS3 > Snes by a huge margin.

This comparisson is just retarded.

That makes no sense.
---
My Darksiders II Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/988570-darksiders-ii/reviews/review-151743
#88RainbowsaurusPosted 10/6/2012 8:09:15 PM
D.

I still play my SNES and I enjoy it, but it's been 20 years. The games are fun and very nostalgic, but they're just...outdated. I love Super Mario RPG, but I definitely couldn't say that I live it more than Uncharted or Infamous
---
~Nathan Drake is love~
PSN:Rain_Bow_saurus|XBL:(Coming Soon)|Wii/DS/3DS FC:Message me :D
#89jammiesPosted 10/6/2012 8:09:19 PM
Deny, but only because your ">>>" should be ">=".
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#90OEIO999Posted 10/6/2012 8:11:35 PM
HolyMcmoly posted...
PS3>>>>all