The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When and why did Capcom become so corrupt

#1-TigerJackson-Posted 10/6/2012 5:28:37 PM
When? Was it this gen when internet on consoles became so prevalent they took advantages with the whole DLC exploit? Or was there signs of them being corrupt in previous gens?

Why? Were they becoming broke? Did a new corporate corrupt figure become boss of capcom? Why do they want megaman dead all of the sudden? Why did they ruin re:6 by turning the series into a generic tps?

Man wtf happened to them? They used to be one of my top favorite devs!! Man i played their megaman zx games on DS which was still this gen i think, why would they suddey kill the series??
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku
#2KidInTheHallPosted 10/6/2012 5:29:46 PM
When we all started buying their games. This is our fault. Capcom is innocent in all this. We corrupted gaming cause we ourselves are corrupt...well you guys are, I'm cool.
---
RIP - Babygirl 11/2002- 4/24/2012
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#3Vs1991Posted 10/6/2012 5:32:17 PM
someone doesnt remember capcom rereleasing sf2 100 times in the past, or the dualshock/directors cut rereleases of RE.

if we didnt have dlc wed have rereleases like before

capcom is the same as it ever was
#4RollingCradlePosted 10/6/2012 5:32:27 PM
What the eff is up with RE6 not allowing you to save the game, seriously that is some bull ****.
#5Jx1010Posted 10/6/2012 5:33:56 PM
Capcom is being run by people who have a SPECIFIC SET OF MIND:
Which is... they want to be cool, they want to fit in, they want to do what people think its cool even tho its not cool.

In other words, they want their games to be shooters because of the popular Call of Duty games, they want to recycle games because they see FIFA and Call of Duty get away with it.

They forget what made them so famous and original.....
---
!
#6userfrigginamePosted 10/6/2012 5:36:44 PM
Hey, ppl buy their games, so they are a successful company. Don't blame anything on them. They want to make money as much as u. Blame the majority of consumers.
#7crazyman32Posted 10/6/2012 5:38:22 PM
Vs1991 posted...
someone doesnt remember capcom rereleasing sf2 100 times in the past, or the dualshock/directors cut rereleases of RE.

if we didnt have dlc wed have rereleases like before

capcom is the same as it ever was

agreed Capcom hasn't changed just adapted to using dlc starting this gen along with other publishers.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#8BokuxPicoPosted 10/6/2012 5:40:16 PM
After they fired all their talent and ran out of ideas. No talent left.
#9AlltraPosted 10/6/2012 5:43:45 PM(edited)
They've always been a little bit. Even back with the original Mega Man series, even back in the days of Street Fighter on the SNES.

They were already doing little things like this that people left them get away with before they wised up. This generation just opened the floodgates when it came to encouraging further similar behavior, and they ran with the flow.

This is something that companies have been striving toward for a long time. The moment they got it in their head that the internet was a cash cow and a huge untapped marketplace, rather than a place to freely exchange ideas, we were all doomed.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#10crazyman32Posted 10/6/2012 5:41:51 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Hey, ppl buy their games, so they are a successful company. Don't blame anything on them. They want to make money as much as u. Blame the majority of consumers.

yeah they are very successful I don't blame them look at how many copies Resident Evil 5 sold plus how many digital copies of RE1-5 & Code Veronica they may have sold and that is just one series.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM