This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When and why did Capcom become so corrupt

#21Hvv0l24n9Posted 10/7/2012 7:30:55 AM
Vs1991 posted...
someone doesnt remember capcom rereleasing sf2 100 times in the past, or the dualshock/directors cut rereleases of RE.

if we didnt have dlc wed have rereleases like before

capcom is the same as it ever was

/stupidtopic
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#22NuuTypePosted 10/7/2012 7:47:33 AM
They became corrupt as a result of their own success being from the efforts of many people, and then those in the highest power ousted out the elements of their original success.

Oskar_Kokoshka9 posted...
and maybe even DmC.

No you're not.

When it comes out and gets the worst ratings youve ever seen in life, you'll want to distance yourself from it.
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#23-TigerJackson-(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 7:49:18 AM
Also whatever happened to captain commando
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku
#24Gatchan2Posted 10/7/2012 7:59:20 AM
jammies posted...
They didn't become corrupt. Gamers just grew a false sense of entitlement.

Corporate apologist sheep love to baww out that unjustified 'entitlement' word don't they...
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#25EzraGenesisPosted 10/7/2012 8:01:46 AM
Capcom has always been like that. Look at SF2. The ONLY reason its an issue with me is because I was young back then. My parents bought my games. Now I buy my own games and actually take notice to where and what my money goes to.
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#26servb0tsPosted 10/7/2012 8:06:45 AM
Some where around cancelling MML3 & Megaman Universe. As well as the very shallow MVC3 Capcom got truly corrupted, sure people can use the many SFII versions but those where Complete Games , its a big differences.

Nes, PS1, PS2 I brought just about everything Capcom & SE related but stopped this gen.
They took greed into awhole new level.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
#27kobalobasileusPosted 10/7/2012 9:17:05 AM
Capcom used to be the king of rehashes (Mega Man 3-6), paid updates ([Super] Street Fighter II [Turbo]), and milking franchises to death. Now they've moved on to milking DLC to death. It's not really surprising.
#28caffiend7Posted 10/7/2012 9:20:49 AM
around 2007 when street fighter 4 came out is when the bad things started happening
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#29Hvv0l24n9Posted 10/7/2012 9:28:04 AM
servb0ts posted...
Some where around cancelling MML3 & Megaman Universe. As well as the very shallow MVC3 Capcom got truly corrupted, sure people can use the many SFII versions but those where Complete Games , its a big differences.

Nes, PS1, PS2 I brought just about everything Capcom & SE related but stopped this gen.
They took greed into awhole new level.

How is MvC3 not a complete game? How is SF4 not a complete game?

What makes SF2 more "Complete" than those games?
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#30the_one_the_onePosted 10/7/2012 9:30:56 AM
I remember as a kid buying street fighter 2 on super nintendo and it was a very expensive game.

Then a few months later they released turbo.. then super ...

I was livid. Capcom basically spit in my face that day they released street fighter 2 turbo.

Then they went on to release street fighter 2 about 20x over the years...

I understand releasing new games but to make minor improvements TO THE SAME GAME then release the game over and over and over again is taking advantage of people.