This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When and why did Capcom become so corrupt

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. When and why did Capcom become so corrupt
3 years ago#21
Vs1991 posted...
someone doesnt remember capcom rereleasing sf2 100 times in the past, or the dualshock/directors cut rereleases of RE.

if we didnt have dlc wed have rereleases like before

capcom is the same as it ever was

/stupidtopic
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
3 years ago#22
They became corrupt as a result of their own success being from the efforts of many people, and then those in the highest power ousted out the elements of their original success.

Oskar_Kokoshka9 posted...
and maybe even DmC.

No you're not.

When it comes out and gets the worst ratings youve ever seen in life, you'll want to distance yourself from it.
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
3 years ago#23
Also whatever happened to captain commando
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
"Knocc em down"- Taizuku
3 years ago#24
jammies posted...
They didn't become corrupt. Gamers just grew a false sense of entitlement.

Corporate apologist sheep love to baww out that unjustified 'entitlement' word don't they...
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
3 years ago#25
Capcom has always been like that. Look at SF2. The ONLY reason its an issue with me is because I was young back then. My parents bought my games. Now I buy my own games and actually take notice to where and what my money goes to.
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
3 years ago#26
Some where around cancelling MML3 & Megaman Universe. As well as the very shallow MVC3 Capcom got truly corrupted, sure people can use the many SFII versions but those where Complete Games , its a big differences.

Nes, PS1, PS2 I brought just about everything Capcom & SE related but stopped this gen.
They took greed into awhole new level.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
3 years ago#27
Capcom used to be the king of rehashes (Mega Man 3-6), paid updates ([Super] Street Fighter II [Turbo]), and milking franchises to death. Now they've moved on to milking DLC to death. It's not really surprising.
3 years ago#28
around 2007 when street fighter 4 came out is when the bad things started happening
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
3 years ago#29
servb0ts posted...
Some where around cancelling MML3 & Megaman Universe. As well as the very shallow MVC3 Capcom got truly corrupted, sure people can use the many SFII versions but those where Complete Games , its a big differences.

Nes, PS1, PS2 I brought just about everything Capcom & SE related but stopped this gen.
They took greed into awhole new level.

How is MvC3 not a complete game? How is SF4 not a complete game?

What makes SF2 more "Complete" than those games?
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
3 years ago#30
I remember as a kid buying street fighter 2 on super nintendo and it was a very expensive game.

Then a few months later they released turbo.. then super ...

I was livid. Capcom basically spit in my face that day they released street fighter 2 turbo.

Then they went on to release street fighter 2 about 20x over the years...

I understand releasing new games but to make minor improvements TO THE SAME GAME then release the game over and over and over again is taking advantage of people.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. When and why did Capcom become so corrupt

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived