This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Solid Series vs Final Fantasy Series

#31ymdasePosted 10/7/2012 3:12:11 AM
Metal Gear Solid
#32TehAssasinPosted 10/7/2012 3:28:39 AM
As much as I want to vote for the FF series, this gen FF sucks.
#33mad_hax_manPosted 10/7/2012 3:59:20 AM
FF at its best>> MGS>>>FF at its worst

MGS currently>>>> FF currently.

While I think both series have pushed the industry forward in the past, both of them are also in danger of becoming out dated.
Both PW and 4 were fun but massively flawed, especially in narrative. Whats more, MGS story telling technique of using overly long dialogue is becoming less and less appealing in the modern age of gaming when more and more of a games story is being told within gameplay. Having all games sharing the one time line and the same cast of characters is kind of limiting. I mean, do we really need a third BB prequel showing us the development of the character whose out come we already know?
And the FF series is just a mess at the moment. SE's continued effort to try and force Lightning down our throats was old before XIII-2, and XIV, bleh. Meanwhile, we have no word the localization of fan favourite Type 0 and SE constant "please wait for VS" is now falling on deaf ears.

The MGS has a more promising immediate future, but they can only release so many games about one character getting ever so slightly angry. FF needs for SE to take a break and seriously reconsider their current strategy, and start again fresh for XV
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#34Kage_AM2Posted 10/7/2012 4:06:04 AM(edited)
MGS is more consistent but I'm really not a fan. I'd prefer Final Fantasy but I'll gladly skip on the newer ones like the XIII series or XIV
#35BJ_KillPosted 10/7/2012 5:07:35 AM
I would of said Metal Gear but since 4 came along and ruined everything. . .

Final Fantasy 13 sucked pretty bad but since those games are pretty self contained, it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of past games in the series in the way MGS4 did.

So I voted Final Fantasy
#36Retroxgamer0Posted 10/7/2012 5:36:18 AM
i loved mgs 1 2 3 4 and peacewalker, but portable ops, portable ops plus both suck, and acid 1 and 2 are average-ish.
#37Retroxgamer0Posted 10/7/2012 5:36:45 AM
BJ_Kill posted...

Final Fantasy 13 sucked pretty bad but since those games are pretty self contained, it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of past games in the series in the way MGS4 did.

So I voted Final Fantasy

ff13 doesnt suck im loving it.
#38Kingmichael1337Posted 10/7/2012 7:58:31 AM
mgs4 wasn't nearly as bad for the mgs series as ff13 was for the ff series; at least mgs4 was a good game
---
the mods are watching me
#39ashcrvPosted 10/7/2012 8:04:32 AM
People like you really make my head hurt. You can't compare two completely different series. It's just stupid. I'd say Final Fantasy but I'd feel kinda bad since FF's RPG series and MGS is an action/stealth game. It's different and I like both for different reasons so no. I'm not choosing one over the other.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#40theofficefan99Posted 10/7/2012 8:04:48 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
BJ_Kill posted...

So I voted Final Fantasy

ff13 doesnt suck im loving it.

It's a matter of taste, really. Some won't like it, some will. I personally love it too, but it definitely has its flaws.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin