This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just finished MGS3 HD.

#11DaggeraxePosted 10/7/2012 6:45:24 AM
Glad you enjoyed it! MGS3 is my favorite game of all time. Sadly, it all went downhill from there for me...

I had huge expectations for MGS4 but was greatly disappointed and it became my least favorite MGS game. Even without taking into consideration my huge expectations, I felt the game was a failure.

Peace Walker is the only MGS game I couldn't even bother to finish. It was at that point I felt the story had became too crazy for me to handle.

I'm still looking forward to Ground Zeroes, though.
#12ThamauturgePosted 10/7/2012 7:11:04 AM
MGS is one of the only series where I can say that each and every one was awesome. I would rank it MGS3=MGS4>MGS1>MGS2. I didn't like MGS2's selection of villains and Raiden was a let down.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Batman Arkham City, MGS4, Dark Souls, Dynasty Warriors 7
#13NSYNCPosted 10/7/2012 7:31:11 AM
If only part 2 and 4 never happened or atleast had a decent plot you could understand....

1 and 3 are all-time greats, but they and the entire MGS series get dragged down by those two clunkers.
#14st1ll_xPosted 10/7/2012 7:49:37 AM
MGS1 was the reason to own a PS1
MGS2 and MGS3 were the reason to own a PS2
MGS4 on the other hand...ehhhhhh

I think Revengeance and Ground Zeroes will be really good also.
I have to go the HD Collection also...I'm sure I can find them for a low price now?
---
I played and loved half of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?
#15Kingmichael1337Posted 10/7/2012 7:54:07 AM
BJ_Kill posted...
1 & 2 had way better endings, 3's was pretty good though.

lol are you srs

i don't remember the ending to mgs1 all that well because it's been forever since i've played it, but mgs2's mindscrew ending sucked and mgs3's ending was just incredible; like srsly, one of the best endings of any game i've played
---
the mods are watching me
#16danny5329Posted 10/7/2012 7:57:32 AM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
BJ_Kill posted...
1 & 2 had way better endings, 3's was pretty good though.

lol are you srs

i don't remember the ending to mgs1 all that well because it's been forever since i've played it, but mgs2's mindscrew ending sucked and mgs3's ending was just incredible; like srsly, one of the best endings of any game i've played

So true. 3 has the best ending hands down. Bar none.
#17Neverender_IVPosted 10/7/2012 8:11:43 AM
Better late than never.

So far I beat the original once, then subsistence, and just recently I beat the 3DS version. I have the HD collection for vita, so when I'm not so busy I'll get around to beating it again on that.
#18LifeOfSynPosted 10/7/2012 8:18:03 AM
TC, I can't really improve on what you said. Love your enthusiasm. It is a masterpiece.
---
Platinum Games: Possibly the worst studio in the history of gaming.
#19djwagonPosted 10/7/2012 8:24:34 AM
long time since I played and beat this game in japanese and english .if I remember right di not the ending change if you saved or killed someone SPOILER
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
this is my set-up http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/importer1/
#20Kingmichael1337Posted 10/7/2012 8:27:34 AM
djwagon posted...
long time since I played and beat this game in japanese and english .if I remember right di not the ending change if you saved or killed someone SPOILER

that's because you did it anyway; you weren't being given a choice
---
the mods are watching me