This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kingdoms of Amalur or Dragon's Dogma?

#11TimeOfTheDarkPosted 10/7/2012 8:14:06 AM
I got called a troll too by people who claimed this was the best game ever before they EVER ACTUALLY PLAYED IT and already had their mind made up that this was the best game ever.
#12true_gamer80Posted 10/7/2012 8:14:14 AM
Dragon's Dogma is the only game I know that had fanboys before the game was even out.

To be fair to dragons dogma, this whole site is like that lol...
---
Mastamind - Devil's Symphony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXw0v2OfdCg&feature=related
#13ElDudorinoPosted 10/7/2012 8:14:28 AM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
Dragon's Dogma has -

- The worst lip syncing of this gen
- Dull environment
- Unbalanced difficulty spikes
- Story is stupid and the ending twist was done by a 10 year old

Also terrible graphics, framerate issues, odd camera issues, boring gameplay, etc. In fact, I can't think of a single good quality it has, and I keep trying it because the fanboys keep raving about it, but I'm thinking they must have Dragon's Dogma confused with a different game, because it's awful.

Guess the only reason they rave a bout it is because it's made in Japan and by Capcom.

No. The game just isn't for you; you don't have to be a jerk about it. I hate most stuff from Japan this generation and I don't purchase Capcom products (I inherited this from a friend). So, those aren't the reasons why I like it. I love the combat and the character classes and I like the interactivity with pawns even though it's really simple. I liked exploring the world and challenging the beasts I came across when it was new, then tackling the post-"final boss" bosses and constantly progressing my character's abilities in doing so. And playing through the different classes lets me tackle bosses in different ways and changes the gameplay experience. It's just a really enjoyable game - for a type of person who clearly is not you.
#14TimeOfTheDarkPosted 10/7/2012 8:20:11 AM
You should probably play more RPGs... that's your problem.

KOA I think wasn't an amazing game, but it gets bashed a bit more than it should. Probably because they overhyped the hell out of, spent a lot making it, and it didn't quite match up to expectations. Releasing it around the time when Skyrim was hot was a HUGE mistake, and they should have waited a few more months for Skyrim fever to die down a bit.
#15TimeOfTheDarkPosted 10/7/2012 8:22:23 AM
Also giving an honest opinion about a game, and it's MAJOR flaws is being a dick? Get real. The guy is asking for recommendations, and I probably saved him a good chunk of money by giving him the truth about a game that has blind fanboys who said the game was perfect before it was released who would have told him it was the best thing ever. It isn't.
#16servb0tsPosted 10/7/2012 8:41:25 AM(edited)
hmm both are good in their own way I guess.

I platinum Dragon Dogma because it was a fun game,I got bored of Kingdom of Amular when I tried to play it during my platinum breaks lol. so I may restart the whole game all together set traps instead of being a mage lol.

Dragon Dogma lack.

-Difficulty Spike Early on in the game. not really a balance to new comers especially night.
-Fast Travel, sure you can buy crystals in NG+ but they are still expensive and rare.
-Camera Angle Tree Branches, Bushes and walls ofthen invade the combat zone.
-Romantic Partner isn't really explained and your MC may fall in love with same sex, or kids.
-Quest are Good and Rewarding, but sometimes A.I. isn't as responsive as they should be, even withthe right settings.

Kingdom of Amular lack.

-Lack a Real Challenge.
-Most Quest are Dry and teddious, with no great rewards.
-Music sometimes doesn't belong in certain areas, from average RPGS.
-Serious Lack of Replay Value without interesting Combat it wouldn't survive.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
#17NuuTypePosted 10/7/2012 8:39:29 AM(edited)
The problem is nobody that has respect for both games.

It boils down to either you want to immerse yourself in a grand, fully realized world. (KoA)
Or create your own hero/side-kick and hike across the country side being a hunter-gatherer

TimeOfTheDark posted...
Also giving an honest opinion about a game, and it's MAJOR flaws is being a dick? Get real. The guy is asking for recommendations, and I probably saved him a good chunk of money by giving him the truth about a game that has blind fanboys who said the game was perfect before it was released who would have told him it was the best thing ever. It isn't.

No. it's just that you honest to god sound like a bonafide troll
#18Pharsti01Posted 10/7/2012 8:46:26 AM
Dragons Dogma, its not perfect, but at least its enjoyable.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a mess, the story and cutscenes are laughable (not the good type of laugh mind you), and the gameplay is amazingly boring, the world also seems to somehow belong on a cartoon, with the crapy design and colors.

Just go watch some gameplay videos and make your own decision thou, im pretty sure Amalur can be found used really cheap, so honestly, you could probably get both.
#19Magoo111Posted 10/7/2012 8:54:52 AM
I think they're both pretty good games. I would personally choose Dogma over KoA if I had to pick one, however, as the combat in Dogma is worlds above greater than anything KoA could manage.

I personally found KoA's story a bit disjointed, but it at least has one, unlike Dogma's "story". If you're more a fan of a decently strong tale in an open world environment, get KoA. If you favor gameplay and character creation, get Dogma.

TimeOfTheDark posted...

You should stop, sir. You really are just coming off as a troll.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#20anonymous46773Posted 10/7/2012 9:00:19 AM
Dragon's Dogma
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.