The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I didn't create an internal memory card before starting RE3...

#1Louis0nFirePosted 10/7/2012 8:03:45 AM
Is there anything I can do about that from in game or did I lose my 20 minutes of progress?
#2PannerPosted 10/7/2012 8:20:11 AM
You lost your progress.
Dont worry. I did the same when i started playing FFVII. I got to the first save point and the PS3 wouldnt let me save.
I had to reset the machine and start again.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#3GM_Posted 10/7/2012 8:31:34 AM
Nope and it's only 20 minutes anyway. If you were 2 hours into the game I'd suggest just beating it with no saves.
---
Trolling the Mods since 2009
#4servb0tsPosted 10/7/2012 8:35:12 AM
happens to some of us at one point or another
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
#5djrudenPosted 10/7/2012 8:52:19 AM
It only does everything... Isn't that what they say about the ps3?
#6GM_Posted 10/7/2012 8:53:39 AM
djruden posted...
It only does everything... Isn't that what they say about the ps3?

Well it does play PSOne games so I guess that's close enough.
---
#7CronoDynePosted 10/7/2012 9:33:39 AM
It definitely is a pretty silly design choice to not allow you to make a virtual memory card in game or at least put a warning up that you need to in the first place. Considering the option is available while playing on the PSP (not sure about the Vita), it's not exactly a crazy idea.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#8BluntGruntPosted 10/7/2012 9:34:48 AM
Happened to me the first time I played Crash Bandicoot on my PS3. You lost your progress. Have fun redoing it.
---
?????
#9GM_Posted 10/7/2012 9:46:43 AM
BluntGrunt posted...
Happened to me the first time I played Crash Bandicoot on my PS3. You lost your progress. Have fun redoing it.

=P Well the Crash games are fun Platformers that aren't time consuming. That wouldn't be a big loss to me. Each stage takes like 3 minutes to complete, right?
---
#10PlaysaverPosted 10/7/2012 11:43:11 AM
Louis0nFire posted...
Is there anything I can do about that from in game or did I lose my 20 minutes of progress?

Yes, but only if you have another ps1 virtural memory card made and it has to have room on it. While in your game hit the ps button and then pick Assign Slots. Then pick any ps1 virtual card you may have used in the past and use put that into slot one. If that card has room on it you can save to it. If not pick another virual card and try that till you do find one with room on it. If you've never made any ps1 card then you would probibly have to quit if you really need to save progress.

All I can say to people that are even thinking about playing a ps1 game at some point is to go into The Memory card Utility and make some ps1 virtual memory cards. They don't take much room and it will save you trouble later. 10 of them would only take a bit over a 1 megabyte. Make sure your making ps cards rather then ps2 cards.
Then pick one and press the trangle button, that will bring up the option to assign it to a slot.