This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Interested in Borderland 2, should I bother with Borderland 1: GOTY?

#1AzureVergilPosted 10/7/2012 9:20:00 AM
Also I heard Borderland 1: GOTY has 2 version, 1 with a code voucher for all DLCs and one that has all DLCs already in the disc.

Is there a way to which one has all the DLCs in the disc?
#2MourningReignsPosted 10/7/2012 9:21:52 AM
No, if you play Borderlands 1, you'll never want to play the 2nd.

It's just so bland and boring. The enemies are all the same and pretty much the same environment. The second one at least adds variety.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#3zerooo0Posted 10/7/2012 9:22:02 AM
Personally I would go with Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 improves on Borderlands in just about every way possible.

Both fun games, but I don't know about the Goty question.(Sorry)
---
Godzilla is returning to theaters in 2014(May 16)
Rejoice fellow Godzilla fans
#4TimeOfTheDarkPosted 10/7/2012 9:24:48 AM
Should have just gotten PS+ a week or so ago then you could have had Borderlands 1 for free.

Both games are just boring, grindy, do the same thing over and over with an outdated UI and quest system.

If you have OCD/ADD or something, and like to spend hours comparing very slightly different weapons with different colored names because one has a firing rate of 37.6666% and the other has a firing rate of 37.66667% you'll probably love it. Normal people, will get bored with it quickly.
#5zerooo0Posted 10/7/2012 9:33:35 AM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
Should have just gotten PS+ a week or so ago then you could have had Borderlands 1 for free.

Both games are just boring, grindy, do the same thing over and over with an outdated UI and quest system.

If you have OCD/ADD or something, and like to spend hours comparing very slightly different weapons with different colored names because one has a firing rate of 37.6666% and the other has a firing rate of 37.66667% you'll probably love it. Normal people, will get bored with it quickly.


You haven't played Borderlands 2 then, I'm guessing.I found 100 or so different weapons, and only 10 of them could maybe considered clones. Also Borderlands 2 has A LOT of guns, so it's only natural that would happen.
---
Godzilla is returning to theaters in 2014(May 16)
Rejoice fellow Godzilla fans
#6AZNrpgamerPosted 10/7/2012 9:36:30 AM(edited)
The cover's different between the version that has voucher's versus on disc one. The voucher one will say it comes with a voucher where it's telling you the dlc included.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/373/dsc01632copyt.jpg

Found a pic for reference :p
#7GM_Posted 10/7/2012 9:35:05 AM
MourningReigns posted...
No, if you play Borderlands 1, you'll never want to play the 2nd.

It's just so bland and boring. The enemies are all the same and pretty much the same environment. The second one at least adds variety.


No. Stop pooping from your keyboard.
---
Trolling the Mods since 2009
#8doraemonllh1989Posted 10/7/2012 9:35:54 AM
well i really wanted to buy borderlands 2,since i love borderlands 1 goty,i havent complete all the dlc yet,im just waiting for goty version of borderlands 2;)
---
my opinion is fact.
if you criticize my grammar,you basically admitted that my reasoning and logic is better than yours
#9servb0tsPosted 10/7/2012 9:38:09 AM
This Gen is about 90% Love Hate on most games, the other 10% simply don't care one way or the other.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
#10MelficeSeph2Posted 10/7/2012 9:38:42 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
well i really wanted to buy borderlands 2,since i love borderlands 1 goty,i havent complete all the dlc yet,im just waiting for goty version of borderlands 2;)


You are going to wait a while.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind