The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much have you supported Capcom this gen?

#1Scarlet ArkardPosted 10/7/2012 4:52:42 PM
I just came across an article recently that tells horror stories of people who work for Capcom and I am sure we all know of the DLC stunts they have pulled. I went back and looked at my collection and realized I have been a big supporter for them this gen, without really even thinking about it. How many of Capcom's products have you all purchased? I have:

Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 5
Ultimate MVC3
MVC 3
Dragons Dogma
DMC collection
DMC 4
Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter x Tekken

Have purchased all the RE games from the PSN, as well as MVC2 and the a few of the Street Fighter games they have put out.

So, how much have you all let the talks of Capcom being corrupt effect your gaming?
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#2SpurnerPosted 10/7/2012 4:56:30 PM(edited)
Only thing I bought was RE5 Gold Edition after the price dropped. I think I paid 40 USD.

Edit: I'll probably do the same with 6.
#3silly_sausagePosted 10/7/2012 4:56:00 PM
Street Fighter x Tekken and Marvel vs Capcom 2 from PSN. I'm not boycotting Capcom or anything, I guess I've just never really been the biggest fan of their stuff.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#4GM_Posted 10/7/2012 4:57:03 PM
None of the above. I purchased RE4 back on the GameCube and purchased the Wii Edition back in 2006 and that was the last Capcom purchase I really made.
---
Trolling the Mods since 2009
#5hotwheeler89Posted 10/7/2012 4:57:57 PM
I bought RE5 but I bought it used so I guess I haven't supported them at all this gen.
---
PSN ID: StuGunn5
"Why is it our job to save everyone? Haven't we done enough?
#6caffiend7Posted 10/7/2012 4:58:40 PM
Doesn't count if you buy them used
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#7Kingmichael1337Posted 10/7/2012 4:58:50 PM
i bought dlc for one of their games like once
---
the mods are watching me
#8jcrush089Posted 10/7/2012 4:58:52 PM
i supported pretty much the same as you. i never really look at what company makes the game i just see a interesting game and buy it
#9Shadowbird_RHPosted 10/7/2012 5:13:29 PM
I'm pretty burned on Capcom, and that's an understatement. Still...

Megaman ZX - Excellent
Megaman ZX Advent - Meh
Monster Hunter Tri (bought to try out and to get Classic Controller Pro) - Trash
Megaman 9 (no DLC) - OK
Megaman Starforce Dragon - Alright
Zack and Wiki (bought for < $5 in a GameStop bargain bin) - Awaiting first play
Megaman Zero Collection - Great value
Breath of Fire 2 (Wii Virtual Console) - An all-time favorite of mine

I bought most of these before Megaman Legends 3 was scrapped, and they added insult to injury by saying that it was the fans fault that they canceled it. That, plus the death of the Gargoyle's Quest series and especially what they did to Breath of Fire, as well as questionable business practices has left me quite sore at Capcom, and I'm unlikely to give future titles much attention.

Still, I would buy a Megaman Battle Network Collection if it included MMBN 1-6, including alternate versions.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#10SgtBass8705Posted 10/7/2012 5:19:43 PM
Dead Rising 2, Dragon's Dogma, and Resident Evil 5 on PS3, and Dead Rising on Xbox360. Plus 1 DLC pack. Honestly the Dragon's Dogma, and Dead Rising series are the only one I plan to keep buying. Resident Evil was just never meant for me.
---
PSN: JoshD8705