This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone even played Devil May Cry 4 to completion?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 10/7/2012 8:21:00 PM(edited)
it is never talked about, one would think the game was never released. with everyones hatred towards Devil may Cry reboot, can someone fill me in on how terrible DMC4 must have been, to be basically ignored so much to the point where one forget it ever existed?

i mean even though reboot is so hated at least it gets more spotlight than 4, proof the series NEEDED a reboot in the first place. sure makes people look hypocritical too.
#2lostnumberwarPosted 10/7/2012 8:22:28 PM
Come on we know you can throw in a few more insulting edits.
Don't be shy now.
---
And now for something completely the same.
#3superbowl54Posted 10/7/2012 8:25:41 PM
4 is the third best game in the series, I think it was more or less forgettable than anything. Why they feel the need to do a reboot after one average game is beyond me considering they haven't rebooted RE after one awful (4) and two average (5,6) games.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Uncharted 3, Metro 2033, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Dragon's Dogma
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:27:02 PM(edited)
superbowl54 posted...
4 is the third best game in the series, I think it was more or less forgettable than anything. Why they feel the need to do a reboot after one average game is beyond me considering they haven't rebooted RE after one awful (4) and two average (5,6) games.

4 is the third best in a series of 4? thats sad lol how about 2nd worst?
#5BatarianProphetPosted 10/7/2012 8:30:28 PM
DMC4 was the best selling game in the series. People just didn't like the fact that in typical Capcom fashion, half the game was a rehash where you played the first half of the game all over again but as Dante.

Capcom probably rebooted it because they didn't know what to do with the story since Dante is pretty much unstoppable. They could have pursued Nero's story further since its implied that he's Vergil's son.
#6CaptainKickass_Posted 10/7/2012 8:30:32 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
Come on we know you can throw in a few more insulting edits.
Don't be shy now.

^^^ This
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett
#7BokuxPicoPosted 10/7/2012 8:32:35 PM
It was a decent game. The demon hand was an interesting mechanic, it was a pretty solid game but it had a pretty disappointing final boss and a terrible story and Nero is a crap character.