This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The First Sale Doctrine is under attack- why this matters to you as a PS3 owner.

#121MourningReignsPosted 10/8/2012 10:42:31 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
MourningReigns posted...
Do you REALLY believe this could pass? I mean, please look at the big picture and put this into context. A bill like this will never pass, especially in the economy/job market the USA is currently in.

It would also eliminate half the television programming on A&E / History.

No, it won't pass. But isn't it scary that something so insane is even proposed?

These people have nothing better to do than make crazy bills up. They don't want to actually work together to make a better nation since it would blur party lines. Instead, they just like throwing crazy **** against the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Most of these bills are made up just to piss off the other party.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#122MourningReignsPosted 10/8/2012 10:43:42 AM
Runner_style posted...
thetrixter99 posted...
dankanefan posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Who cares, I'm not a peasant.

That's the problem with the U.S., people in a good place don't care about those who aren't. That "doesn't affect me so I don't care" mentality is why we're in the mess we're in now.

Well said , Well said!!!!!

Well to be honest it's not just a problem with people in the U.S. There are people like that all over the place. Then again there are people who pretend to be like that but in reality they're poor as ****, but say stuff like that to try and make themselves appear that they have a higher standing in reality.
---
You're a random. Your opinion means nothing.

Like your signature.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#123CammyApplePosted 10/8/2012 10:45:50 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
"There is still plenty to yell about. "

Especially since CammyApple is lying.

You have this contingent of people here who keep traipsing in, saying the same damn idiotic unfounded thing, and running away. It's flipping annoying as HELL.

Shouldn't you still be off accomplishing nothing by "occupying" something or getting up in arms on forums over the next pipa or sopa or whatever the rage of the web is this week.

What I stated is true. Dislike it, ignore me. In two weeks no one will remember this anyway. Your smartphone is vibrating. You have a Facebook update to respond to.
#124MourningReignsPosted 10/8/2012 10:46:41 AM
CammyApple posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
ComfortablySad posted...

You have this contingent of people here who keep traipsing in, saying the same damn idiotic unfounded thing, and running away. It's flipping annoying as HELL.

Shouldn't you still be off accomplishing nothing by "occupying" something or getting up in arms on forums over the next pipa or sopa or whatever the rage of the web is this week.

What I stated is true. Dislike it, ignore me. In two weeks no one will remember this anyway. Your smartphone is vibrating. You have a Facebook update to respond to.

Pipa Middleton is hawtt.
---
#125Shinobi120Posted 10/8/2012 11:10:16 AM
SoaringDive posted...
And this is why you shouldn't choose to live in America. Well, one of the reasons.

What would be a better country or place to live in, in your opinion, because I'm thinking about getting out of here myself.
#126ComfortablySadPosted 10/8/2012 11:19:49 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
SoaringDive posted...
And this is why you shouldn't choose to live in America. Well, one of the reasons.

What would be a better country or place to live in, in your opinion, because I'm thinking about getting out of here myself.

If you don't mind long winters all of Scandinavia kicks ass.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
New site -- http://astutegamers.forumotion.com/portal
#127king_maddenPosted 10/8/2012 11:32:40 AM
MourningReigns posted...
CammyApple posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
ComfortablySad posted...

Pipa Middleton is hawtt.

negatory....she is average though.
#128cell2355Posted 10/8/2012 11:36:10 AM
While I want people to stop buying used games, I dont agree to this. i wish gamespot can be shut down though.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/Kysuke
Not changing sig until Drew McIntyre wins a Title. (07/12/12)
#129jabboonPosted 10/8/2012 11:49:17 AM(edited)
Yeah no way this gets passed, if the Supreme Court case is an issue of someone reselling text books... who honestly cares?

Basically a random student is undermining a College Cartel where they sell Textbooks at 10x face value and make insane profits. Seriously colleges have no reason to pull crap like this when they charge so much tuition, I remember A Business book was $250 for 1 semester....but they get away with it, sounds like they are butthurt they are losing profits because a student is buying them dirt cheap (like Colleges do) and reselling them for a decent price.

This case has no chance, It would be like Gamestop selling new Games for $120 dollars, but you found a site that sells them for $40, you purchase them and sell for $60 on ebay, is that a crime? No. If Gamestop has a problem with that they can charge $60 like rest of human beings.

Companies try this all the time, for example verizon and other companies tried to sue Cricket phone or whatever for interfering the their data ranges or something, when in reality they were just trying to shut down competition

This court case is laughable. I hope more people catch onto the students methods of textbook purchases and follow suit.
---
Layin the Crunch Down-The Eredar Legends
#130ottothecat2003Posted 10/8/2012 11:48:53 AM
Sounds great to me. I don't approve of used media sales, hope it passes.
---
Being anything other than an agnostic atheist is foolish.