This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The First Sale Doctrine is under attack- why this matters to you as a PS3 owner.

#131MourningReignsPosted 10/8/2012 10:50:27 AM
cell2355 posted...
While I want people to stop buying used games, I dont agree to this. i wish gamespot can be shut down though.

I know right, that RE6 review was ridiculous.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#132KotomineKireiPosted 10/8/2012 11:19:17 AM
thisranks posted...
Hate to say it, but i don't have a problem with this when it comes to video games. People who buy used games rely on those who buy new games. They aren't supporting the people making those games.

If i knew that a portion of used game sales went back to the development team THEN this would annoy me, but it doesn't. I'm not going to have pity for people who rely on other gamers to keep developers afloat so they can play used games. Screw that.

Those people usually can't afford full priced games and never would have bought the game(or been able to) were it not for used games existing, so the devs wouldn't have gotten the money either way.

Anyway, on the topic, used goods selling has been something that's existed for ages and taking that away without thinking of the consequences, and/or some way to alleviate those consequences is just plain idiocy.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#133ChuckStankPosted 10/8/2012 11:21:24 AM
I agree with this.
---
PSN: ChuckStank
Liberalism is a cancer to this country.
#134DarthVashtiPosted 10/8/2012 11:29:54 AM
thisranks posted...
Hate to say it, but i don't have a problem with this when it comes to video games. People who buy used games rely on those who buy new games. They aren't supporting the people making those games.

If i knew that a portion of used game sales went back to the development team THEN this would annoy me, but it doesn't. I'm not going to have pity for people who rely on other gamers to keep developers afloat so they can play used games. Screw that.

Sorry but the developers and publishers made their money on that used game I bought yesterday. What make you (or them) think they deserve to get paid twice for the same copy of the game?
#135DrEaM_420Posted 10/8/2012 11:32:50 AM
This wont pass, but lets say it does:

What is the first thing that happens when our idiot American government bans something?

A black market is created, people will just find another way to sell the games, just like they do with drugs, movies, music etc etc....so go ahead, ban it from stores, let people lose jobs, raise unemployment, and let the market begin!
---
:)
#136drakor180Posted 10/8/2012 11:34:10 AM
There's few enough jobs as it is, if this passes we'll lose more. That will be the day that I leave this country for somewhere less ridiculous.
---
IX>IV>VII>VI>III>I>X>V>VIII>XII>XIII>II
FFXI and FFXIV can die in a fire.
#137shadownet_46Posted 10/8/2012 11:44:41 AM
The used game market is the second biggest threat to the industry (next to piracy).

DD ftw!
---
PSN: Shadownet46
Xboxlover2(Moderator): "I don't even play video games that often"
#138Jinzo 111887Posted 10/8/2012 11:44:46 AM
ottothecat2003 posted...
Sounds great to me. I don't approve of used media sales, hope it passes.

You never rented (from video stores), borrowed (from a friend), checked out (from a library), loaned (to a friend), traded (with a friend), or shared (with a brother/sister/roommate) any books, DVDs/VHS/Bluray movies, music CDs/tapes, or video game cartridges/discs? These are other things this can effect besides buying and selling used stuff. You need to remember that no used media impacts these things, too.
---
I miss the Golden Age of gaming that died in the last few years. Yeah, we got better graphics, but it's not worth recent changes if you ask me.
#139Golden MavenPosted 10/8/2012 12:36:33 PM(edited)
ottothecat2003 posted...
I don't approve of used media sales, hope it passes.

I don't agree with it either. People keep forgetting that you don't own the actual content on the disc, and it's not up to you or Gamestop to exchanges licenses to play. The used game/CD/movie market is a grey area and you better believe it won't last forever.

You know why I don't give a crap about this? I always buy new. I believe in supporting whoever produced the content I want to enjoy. If I don't agree with the price, I skip it. That's capitalism.
#140Golden MavenPosted 10/8/2012 12:34:34 PM
johnluke728 posted...
This disgusting and passive "Who cares?" attitude is exactly why us stateside people are in this bloody mess.

No, it isn't. The economy got messy because too many people are making money without producing anything of value. All these middlemen are nothing but leeches and need to be removed.

Clean out the middleman and keep capitalism pure.