This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 Board: Surprising news, MW2 Favela removed from the game

#61Shadow CloudPosted 10/8/2012 2:41:57 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...
I hate how they are so prone to being offended.

I am sick and tired of it. I try and accept all regions regardless of my atheism but they are making it so hard.

Stop ruining our things. Its something so tiny to moan about.

I feel bad for the muslims who are good people, this is painting a bad picture of them.

These extremists who want things censored want respect, but these annoyances will get them none.

Another example: In Tekken 6 Zafina's default outfit was a skirt showing her legs.

A muslim organization requested to change her attire, so in Tag 2 Zafina has leggings underneath her skirt.

Also, Zafina has been given an "indian" nationality so to not offend them.

I hate this nonsense.

Are you serious? I'm surprised they didn't complain about covering up Zafina.
#62keatonisballinPosted 10/8/2012 2:52:04 PM
Lol this is just pathetic. What a bunch of whiney *******.
---
http://tinyurl.com/9xkt9ek
#63SonicMonkeysPosted 10/8/2012 3:53:47 PM(edited)
IvanKozlov posted...
dudupupu posted...
Think about it:

Our government considered and perhaps even commenced building a center for Islam worship at Ground Zero.

It must occur to you that anything in this area is not the stuff of absurdity, but reality, rather.

Meanwhile, Christians are repeatedly hammered in mockery and in attempts to disprove their God, all for apparently loving each other.

It wasn't our government. Someone owned the land and was going to sell it. The land was going to be purchase and have a Islamic center built on it. It wasn't even at ground zero, it was a few blocks away from it.

Quoted For Truth.

Too many Fox News watchers ran away with this story when it came out, making up ridiculous claims about a mosque being built on the WTC ruins.

Not to mention that dozens of innocent muslims died during the 9/11 attacks, so why shouldn't they be allowed to have a mosque a few blocks away? What happened to religious tolerance and freedom of religion?

Sadly you're just wasting your time, this guy believes he is entitled to his own facts whenever religion is brought up in any discussion, and he always attempts to victimize himself. It's pretty sad. He probably will still believes the terrorists are building an evil mosque on the WTC despite any amount of evidence that he's wrong.
---
Blame your fate.
#64SonicMonkeysPosted 10/8/2012 4:00:36 PM
gtaking5 posted...
My scientific beliefs/knowledge as an atheist was insulted when the nuke goes off above the US and still manages to kill the astronaut in space such a huge distance away, not like I want them to remove it from the game and ruin everyone else's good time.

Why exactly? If a Nuke goes off in space, a place where there is absolutely no resistance to anything, the blast wave is just gonna keep going until it hits something more powerful than it in force, say a planet. If some astronauts and the ISS are in the way, well then they better say their last words and what not, as they will either die from the impact or be sent flying into space, never to be seen again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime
---
Blame your fate.
#65Plasma_ReturnsPosted 10/8/2012 4:19:53 PM
That is ****ing stupid.
---
... and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.'
#66jubjub360Posted 10/8/2012 4:22:23 PM
poopninjamvc3mk posted...
Wait a minute, they got time to take maps out of the playlist/game but they can't patch the hacks that are happening on both platforms? This is dumb as f***.

Just wanted to requote this and fix this error: "...hacks that are happening on all platforms?"
---
People who support SOPA to those who don't= 1:2
Type "I do not like SOPA" and I will add you to the count.
#67CassyChanPosted 10/8/2012 4:43:21 PM
gtaking5 posted...
Why exactly? If a Nuke goes off in space, a place where there is absolutely no resistance to anything, the blast wave is just gonna keep going until it hits something more powerful than it in force, say a planet. If some astronauts and the ISS are in the way, well then they better say their last words and what not, as they will either die from the impact or be sent flying into space, never to be seen again.

The nuke went off in our atmosphere, not in space (as shown by the shape of the blast), as I understand it the earth's atmospheric pressure and gravity would limit the volume of the explosion (and if nukes going off still in our atmosphere have such an effect in space, then wouldn't satellites and whatnot in space be pretty screwed by nuclear tests?). The blast wave was pretty over-the-top as it is in the game, where after travelling through our atmosphere it tears through many thousands of miles of space blowing the station apart and producing explosions on all the debris (in space), and it's not like they actually were in the way. The whole campaign has loads of inconsistencies in the plot anyway, like even that nuke was launched by a Brit who spent the last few years in a hidden away prison and managed to redirect and launch it from a manned Russian sub without launch codes all by himself within 20 or so seconds of jumping inside it. That Russia starts world war three over one American body at the airport massacre when they have CCTV footage of notorious Russian terrorist Makarov killing the civilians is also dumb, especially when the Brits use the same CCTV footage to trace a bullet casing to a specific arms dealer on the other side of the world. It was a fun, action packed game full of ridiculous over-the-top of stuff.
#68CassyChanPosted 10/8/2012 4:56:27 PM
gldoorii posted...
Wow..

So wait, if enough people say they're offended that the map was removed, can't that be grounds for it to be put back in? lol

lol, nope, IW/Activision wouldn't patch any of the imbalanced stuff like the noobtube and commando lunge or the large amount of bugs and hacks when regular people complained over the last few years. To get them to do something you obviously must be an offended Muslim, maybe so they can jump to the conclusion that they may be in danger. It's so dumb that IW would put out stuff like the homophobic Fight Against Grenade Spam campaign yet they do whatever they can to not risk insensitivity for people of one religion, to the point of taking content we paid for away from public matches.
#69TheCyborgNinjaPosted 10/8/2012 5:21:27 PM
poopninjamvc3mk posted...
Wait a minute, they got time to take maps out of the playlist/game but they can't patch the hacks that are happening on both platforms? This is dumb as f***.

Tell them you're a Muslim and it offends you that he game is hacked. They'll actually do something about it then so they don't offend you.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo