This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Video Game Had A Overrated Story?

#1XxD3ADLYXxPosted 10/8/2012 9:43:34 AM
For me it's Final Fantasy Tactics, the story was just....boring and not interesting. IMO.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThisDudeisAwesome21
#2MourningReignsPosted 10/8/2012 9:44:07 AM
Nier
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#3chocolatesodaPosted 10/8/2012 9:44:44 AM
Final Fantasy VII.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#4SpurnerPosted 10/8/2012 9:53:35 AM(edited)
Madden

Edit: Seriously, though, of all the games you could pick, FFT? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but.....ugh. I wash my hands of this topic.

*Returns to FFT and TO:LUCT*
#5toadiemanPosted 10/8/2012 9:45:28 AM
Most of gaming.
---
PSN: toadieman
#6Kingmichael1337Posted 10/8/2012 9:46:09 AM
mass effect 3 with the extended cut

you should have seen how many people ate that crap up just because they added some romance dialogue and an epilogue; still makes zero sense

also, people say it's good that final fantasy xiii was linear because linearity is better for storytelling, but how sad is that considering how stupid the story was
---
the mods are watching me
#7GM_Posted 10/8/2012 9:50:36 AM
Anything that's popular.

Says the average GameFAQs troll.
---
Trolling the Mods since 2009
#8usernamestuffPosted 10/8/2012 9:51:20 AM
All Rockstar games ever

Especially the GTA games and RDR

"I want to have a better life, so I should cut my ties with all the bad people I know. Oh whoops! Lol I just killed several people, better kills loads more to make myself a better person!"
---
Dishonored: Overrated generic FPS of the month
#9AssaultMonkey9Posted 10/8/2012 9:58:02 AM
usernamestuff posted...
All Rockstar games ever

Especially the GTA games and RDR

"I want to have a better life, so I should cut my ties with all the bad people I know. Oh whoops! Lol I just killed several people, better kills loads more to make myself a better person!"

Agree on GTA games, since theyre just a collection of meeting strange criminals, but RDR was much much better, and John Marston is one of the best protagonists in years.

I'm going to say Mass Effect 2 had an overrated story, since the entire game was basically just going around recruiting squad members all for one mission. In terms of mythology, there werent many revelations about the reapers or their plans, compared to ME1
---
Boycott Gamestop. Bad for gamers, bad for the industry.
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#10RioichiCooperPosted 10/8/2012 10:01:12 AM
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
I'm going to say Mass Effect 2 had an overrated story, since the entire game was basically just going around recruiting squad members all for one mission. In terms of mythology, there werent many revelations about the reapers or their plans, compared to ME1

I tend to look at the story of the ME trilogy as one story overall rather than one story per game.
---
Proud supporter of Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino.
Mass Effect. Is. An. RPG.