This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Dishonored the next "lets over hype it because theres nothing else out"

#51Gatchan2Posted 10/8/2012 5:53:21 PM
piazzapimper313 posted...
watch the gameplay videos dang, the game looks crazy good

Well TC has a point because previously people were going nuts for Borderlands 2 and then RE6 (though with the reviews it got its fair share of hate too) and now this game is next in line.

But all thats nothing compared to the annual Call of Duty massive hypetrain thats about to make its routine pit stop here soon
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#52flame030191Posted 10/8/2012 5:53:58 PM
BSerenity posted...
flame030191 posted...
I will buy Dishonored when they finally learn how to port DLC properly. Bethesda has honestly been the only company this gen to annoy me to no depths before thanks to their ignorance to learn the ropes with the PlayStation 3. They are the only gaming company in the world that hasn't learned how to develop on PlayStation, yet they place the blame on Sony. Until they can learn how to develop on PlayStation, I will not buy any games they make or publish, to keep them from feeling that ill let them do what they want, even if it means crapping all over the Sony brand.

Please learn the difference between publishing and developing... Also, you need to understand that Sony is at fault with the Skyrim situation more so than Bethesda, but that is for another topic...

Oh really? Enlighten me how Sony is at fault when Bethesda is the only company who cannot figure it out, even when Sony helps them along. Bethesda developed Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion, all 3 of which were very deprived in different ways on PS3. They are now publishing Dishonored, and thus will be making the money from the revenue. Thus, buying Dishonored supports Bethesda as much, if not more, than Arkane as Arkane has made their money already. Where exactly am I wrong here?
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
"I used to make the same joke as everyone else, but then I took an arrow to the meme."-Kevin Butler
#53BSerenityPosted 10/8/2012 6:08:02 PM
flame030191 posted...
BSerenity posted...
flame030191 posted...
I will buy Dishonored when they finally learn how to port DLC properly. Bethesda has honestly been the only company this gen to annoy me to no depths before thanks to their ignorance to learn the ropes with the PlayStation 3. They are the only gaming company in the world that hasn't learned how to develop on PlayStation, yet they place the blame on Sony. Until they can learn how to develop on PlayStation, I will not buy any games they make or publish, to keep them from feeling that ill let them do what they want, even if it means crapping all over the Sony brand.

Please learn the difference between publishing and developing... Also, you need to understand that Sony is at fault with the Skyrim situation more so than Bethesda, but that is for another topic...

Oh really? Enlighten me how Sony is at fault when Bethesda is the only company who cannot figure it out, even when Sony helps them along. Bethesda developed Skyrim, Fallout, and Oblivion, all 3 of which were very deprived in different ways on PS3. They are now publishing Dishonored, and thus will be making the money from the revenue. Thus, buying Dishonored supports Bethesda as much, if not more, than Arkane as Arkane has made their money already. Where exactly am I wrong here?

SPLIT RAM is the big reason behind the issues with Skyrim... That is a Sony fault more so than Bethesda. I am not in support of Bethesda's developing, but I do enjoy some of the titles they publish. I support the developer regardless who is publishing. If it was Capcom publishing, I would support Arkane regardless of all the stupidity that will be spewed about Capcom's dlc practices in their developed titles...

Where do you get Arkane made their money already? You do know that buying the game or not buying the game helps or harms the developer more so than the publisher, right? You don't hear publishing houses/side going out of business for poor game sales... It is the developer... The biggest effect on the publisher is that they will not take the risk when it comes to new IPs which hurts everyone in the game industry especially the gamers...
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#54jubjub360Posted 10/8/2012 6:10:19 PM
BSerenity posted...
flame030191 posted...
BSerenity posted...
flame030191 posted...

SPLIT RAM is the big reason behind the issues with Skyrim... That is a Sony fault more so than Bethesda. I am not in support of Bethesda's developing, but I do enjoy some of the titles they publish. I support the developer regardless who is publishing. If it was Capcom publishing, I would support Arkane regardless of all the stupidity that will be spewed about Capcom's dlc practices in their developed titles...

Where do you get Arkane made their money already? You do know that buying the game or not buying the game helps or harms the developer more so than the publisher, right? You don't hear publishing houses/side going out of business for poor game sales... It is the developer... The biggest effect on the publisher is that they will not take the risk when it comes to new IPs which hurts everyone in the game industry especially the gamers...

He doesn't understand publishing and investments.

You submit an idea.
Publisher will either fund or deny your idea.
You make the game and try to get those funds back.
You get those funds back and then some (profit).
Money pays the publisher and then the profit pays both.

That's how it works.
---
People who support SOPA to those who don't= 1:2
Type "I do not like SOPA" and I will add you to the count.
#55flame030191Posted 10/8/2012 6:13:53 PM
Do I really have to restate what I have already said before? I do not feel that I have to, so I won't.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
"I used to make the same joke as everyone else, but then I took an arrow to the meme."-Kevin Butler
#56happychappy654Posted 10/8/2012 6:15:27 PM
Stop being a child. The game is already getting universal praise. If a few brats don't want to buy it because they have something against Bethesda, do you think they or anyone else cares?

Seriously, go ahead and miss out. It's no skin of anyone else's nose but yours.
#57jubjub360Posted 10/8/2012 6:15:32 PM
flame030191 posted...
Do I really have to restate what I have already said before? I do not feel that I have to, so I won't.

Ok cool. Then don't. No need to restate things you have no clue about.
---
#58Gatchan2Posted 10/8/2012 6:17:05 PM
Jahkeemyork posted...
Because of how creative you can get with Dishonored is why.

You can mix powers say freeze time when someone fires a bullet, take over their body and then walk them in front of the bullet.

You can control animals, teleport (blink) and many moer things.

Couldn't you do similar stuff with:

Singularity
Syndicate
Geist
Timeshift
Wolfenstein
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#59jubjub360Posted 10/8/2012 6:18:42 PM
Gatchan2 posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
Because of how creative you can get with Dishonored is why.

You can mix powers say freeze time when someone fires a bullet, take over their body and then walk them in front of the bullet.

You can control animals, teleport (blink) and many moer things.

Couldn't you do similar stuff with:

Singularity
Syndicate
Geist
Timeshift
Wolfenstein

All games that, I believed were met with lower than average scores.
---
#60gilv3rPosted 10/8/2012 6:20:49 PM
Why did you repeat your topic title in your post?
---
PC/PS3
Awaiting: Okami HD and Z.O.E HD LE