This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is Dishonored the next "lets over hype it because theres nothing else out"

#61Zora_PrincePosted 10/8/2012 7:20:51 PM
Given what a skilled developer Bethesda is, I'm inclined to believe it's more Sony's fault.
---
Currently Studying Abroad in Costa Rica
#62flame030191Posted 10/8/2012 7:21:59 PM
jubjub360 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Do I really have to restate what I have already said before? I do not feel that I have to, so I won't.

Ok cool. Then don't. No need to restate things you have no clue about.

Honestly, if you try to tell me Bethesda won't take most of the revenue made by the game, I won't hesitate to be the first to state you are full of crap. Go in Twitter to @DCDecon or whatever. It will be Pete Hines of Bethesda. He is supposed to be overseeing the support for Skyrim and Bethesda's products, but instead of answering any questions or telling of Skyrim progress for any platform, he shows off Skyrim Mods and promotes Dishonored. He actually ignores 99% of his tweets, and only answers those of Dishonored, though Skyrim is supposed to have more content coming very soon on Xbox.

Try to tell me he isn't getting a good paycheck from what Dishonored sells, and it will show your ignorance.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
"I used to make the same joke as everyone else, but then I took an arrow to the meme."-Kevin Butler
#63jubjub360Posted 10/8/2012 7:28:08 PM
flame030191 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Do I really have to restate what I have already said before? I do not feel that I have to, so I won't.

Ok cool. Then don't. No need to restate things you have no clue about.

Honestly, if you try to tell me Bethesda won't take most of the revenue made by the game, I won't hesitate to be the first to state you are full of crap. Go in Twitter to @DCDecon or whatever. It will be Pete Hines of Bethesda. He is supposed to be overseeing the support for Skyrim and Bethesda's products, but instead of answering any questions or telling of Skyrim progress for any platform, he shows off Skyrim Mods and promotes Dishonored. He actually ignores 99% of his tweets, and only answers those of Dishonored, though Skyrim is supposed to have more content coming very soon on Xbox.

Try to tell me he isn't getting a good paycheck from what Dishonored sells, and it will show your ignorance.

Where do you think I got my information that you're full of it on the topic of Bethesda not putting the DLC to PS3? The same person you mentioned.

Here's what you're not saying since, again, you've made it obvious you do not know about publishing and investing: What happens to all the money that Arkane/Bethesda make after Arkane pays off what they owe Bethesda to make the game in the first place? It doesn't go to charities. It doesn't just float about. It goes to both parties.

Here let me add some numbers to my post:
Lets say Bethesda gives Arkane Studios 250,000 to make a video game (I know it's low. Shut up)
Arkane Studios makes it under the budget with 123,456
Arkane owes Bethesda, at that point, 126,544.
Now when the game goes on sale, it makes 750,000 in the first week.
Arkane pays back the 126,544 it owes Bethesda.
They now have 623,456 in profit.

Now tell me: Where does that money go? There's only one right answer to this.
---
People who support SOPA to those who don't= 1:2
Type "I do not like SOPA" and I will add you to the count.
#64DEKMStephensPosted 10/8/2012 7:31:31 PM
I also won't get Dishonored out of principle

I only have played Skyrim out of Bethesda's published games, and i deeply enjoyed it, but until Dawnguard is released, i won't get any more games with their name on it for this reason, nor will I play Skyrim. They already got my money from Skyrim, and i have no issue with that. But until Dawnguard is released, it shows they have a lack of motivation to support PS3, or incompetence (which is why i don't accept the RAM excuse).

I'll buy this game in a heart beat, but only if they get Dawnguard (and to a lesser extent Hearthfire) functional.
---
The official nothing of nothing at the moment.
Return Moe! D:<
#65jcrush089Posted 10/8/2012 7:40:34 PM
like how people try to make gaming in to some deep and and life changing thing when gaming is just a form of entertainment that is meant to be enjoyed. I hear so many people talking about boycotting, killing the industry, your sheep when the only thing that matters is if the game can deliver a fun experience if not dont buy its just that simple.
#66Soanevalcke6Posted 10/8/2012 8:06:49 PM
Why you should buy Dishonored:
Remember the Thief Series?
Remember how it is the only series to actually do stealth well?
Dishonored is pretty much Thief in a Steampunk environment (Lol at everyone calling it Bioshock. Bioshock didn't invent Steampunk kids).

It's bound to be nothing short of amazing.
---
Qualities I look for in games: Atmosphere, Music, Exploration, and Freedom.
Deus Ex: Hum&#916;n Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#67CammyApplePosted 10/8/2012 8:11:07 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Dishonored is pretty much Thief in a Steampunk environment (Lol at everyone calling it Bioshock. Bioshock didn't invent Steampunk kids).

Bioshock wasn't steam punk. Using "lol" in a sentence invalidates that sentence.
#68Soanevalcke6Posted 10/8/2012 8:20:29 PM
CammyApple posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...

Bioshock wasn't steam punk. Using "lol" in a sentence invalidates that sentence.

Even if Bioshock isn't Steampunk, that just makes peoples comparisons even stupider.
---
Qualities I look for in games: Atmosphere, Music, Exploration, and Freedom.
Deus Ex: Hum&#916;n Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#69doraemonllh1989Posted 10/8/2012 8:35:00 PM
one is one thing about the game,that i decide not to purchase it

the replay value,the game relies on "every new level you gain new powers" approach,it totally ruins the game for me

hitman ables you to carry different weapon for each level,yet this game limits you

i know some of you might say " but its for the story " or "the game would be too easy"

i dont find this excuse acceptable

this is a stealth game,it suppose to be FREEDOM,yet you limit the powers we can use at the start,basically i have less freedom because i am forced to use the same powers over and over again

and no new game plus
---
my opinion is fact.
if you criticize my grammar,you basically admitted that my reasoning and logic is better than yours
#70necro00Posted 10/8/2012 8:48:05 PM
I got it saturday from Toys R Us Not enjoying it at all