This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS+ is a ripoff service

#11BorisTheOgre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 5:00:34 PM
flame030191 posted...
So all these discounts, even ones over 50% off, doesn't count now? Just the fact that, one year later, you either have to renew or lose games you got free?

lmao

how is it really a dicount if you pay 50 a year anyway?

and thos "discount" games are overpriced to begin with

if i told u a ps3 is worth 800 dollars right now and then said i would reduce the price to 300 because i love u ........

that would be a scam just like ps+

but my case is actually more subtle
---
i am not a troll I am an Ogre
get it right you simpletons
#12secondhand1Posted 10/8/2012 5:00:56 PM
Thank you for creating an account to tell me how sorry you feel for me.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#13jubjub360Posted 10/8/2012 5:01:37 PM
BorisTheOgre posted...
flame030191 posted...
So all these discounts, even ones over 50% off, doesn't count now? Just the fact that, one year later, you either have to renew or lose games you got free?

lmao

how is it really a dicount if you pay 50 a year anyway?

and thos "discount" games are overpriced to begin with

if i told u a ps3 is worth 800 dollars right now and then said i would reduce the price to 300 because i love u ........

that would be a scam just like ps+

but my case is actually more subtle

... The f*** did I just read?
---
People who support SOPA to those who don't= 1:2
Type "I do not like SOPA" and I will add you to the count.
#14Still__RippinPosted 10/8/2012 5:01:47 PM
flame030191 posted...

Exactly. I save over $50 a year in discounts alone. Everything else is just gravy. I can only conclude TC is poor or not smart.
---
Propaganda- What lies before us and lies ahead of us are small matters compared to what lies right to our faces.
PSN- Rip_Dat_Bong
#15HoIlywoodPosted 10/8/2012 5:02:23 PM
I used PS+ for the first year, I was a day one buyer

regret it immensely, I had like 50 free games that I never played(because they were boring or not my genre)

betas are a joke because anytime I tried to join one I couldn't download it like with the DC:U one, because their servers suck

and the discounts for anything useful came long after you would have bought a game at full price, much like their free game selection, comes too late

didn't bother me at all not renewing it, just deleted all the games that I never played to begin with
---
Proof That The PS Vita Has Flopped!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-67ZbpOlCA
#16BorisTheOgre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 5:02:41 PM
Kage-Maru posted...
NCPwn posted...
You don't get choice on your rented games.

get plus when theres a free game you want, there you go. most games these days just take hours to beat, you will be done before your + runs out

LOL

if u play a game for few hours and then never have the urge to touch it again ur not a true gamer

i guess PS+ only appeals to fake gamers and CASUALS who cant understand they are being ripped off

a true gamer will play a game and then have the urge to play it again YEARS down the road

if they dont, that game wasnt worht playing to begin with............
---
i am not a troll I am an Ogre
get it right you simpletons
#17NCPwnPosted 10/8/2012 5:03:03 PM
Kage-Maru posted...
NCPwn posted...

get plus when theres a free game you want, there you go. most games these days just take hours to beat, you will be done before your + runs out

Maybe, but my games I want are never on 50% off, and I don't buy that many games.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#18ManuKesnaPosted 10/8/2012 5:06:30 PM
Kage-Maru posted...
NCPwn posted...

LOL

if u play a game for few hours and then never have the urge to touch it again ur not a true gamer

i guess PS+ only appeals to fake gamers and CASUALS who cant understand they are being ripped off

a true gamer will play a game and then have the urge to play it again YEARS down the road

if they dont, that game wasnt worht playing to begin with............

sorry i dont have the time to play the same game over and over again for YEARS! :o and yeah I have PS+ and I am a fake gamer and a casual! oh noes :o
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#19crazyman32Posted 10/8/2012 5:06:33 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
flame030191 posted...

Exactly. I save over $50 a year in discounts alone. Everything else is just gravy. I can only conclude TC is poor or not smart.

agreed I am leaning toward TC isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer anyway,I have saved a lot of money with the discounts and getting the games at no additional cost is worth $50 a year for me.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#20ShadianVisePosted 10/8/2012 5:06:55 PM
NCPwn posted...
I agree TC.

You don't get choice on your rented games. Would you pay money for Netflix if you could only pick from a select set of movies (say 10). Heck borderlands just came to PS+, HOW many years did that take?

I'll enjoy my demo + purchase PSN games and own them for life, thank you.

Actually, you absolutely pay Netflix to watch a set number of movies, which is whatever they provide for you. PS+ certainly isn't false advertising, you get exactly what it offers you. It's your fault if you get butthurt that you got a 'free' game from PS+ and can't play it after your subscription expires. The potential for exploitation without that in place is far too high for any company to allow.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ShadianVise
TLoZ: Oracle of Ages playthrough in progress.