This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS+ is a ripoff service

#71MikeugamePosted 10/8/2012 8:44:21 PM
The problem with people like TC is that they always thinking about the game ("Its not free it just rental service SCAM RIPOFF"), it's more to ps+ ( Exclusive betas, cloud saves, other functions, discounts, free to keep avatar-themes and add-ons) all this worth more then $50, the games are more like a side gift. Why B***h about it once you play them and beat it most people don't play them anymore and deletes them so it doesn't matter if its free or rental cause at the end of the day you going to (play it, beat it, delete it).
#72NSYNCPosted 10/8/2012 9:20:30 PM
L0Z posted...
I get more with $50 worth of ps+ than id get with $50 worth of gamefly

Then you're doing it wrong. VERY wrong.
#73Flare1721Posted 10/8/2012 9:23:26 PM
BorisTheOgre posted...
i feel sorry for anyone that gets ripped off by PS+

no FREE games

just PAID rented games...........

Sony should not be false advertising............

This guy trolls the PSASBR board. Hes quite bad at it.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#74AwayFromHerePosted 10/8/2012 9:24:14 PM
NSYNC posted...
L0Z posted...
I get more with $50 worth of ps+ than id get with $50 worth of gamefly

Then you're doing it wrong. VERY wrong.

How so? $50 on Gamefly will get you two games out at a time for two months. Unless you do nothing but play games, at most, you will get and beat 6 games.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#75Seifer_usPosted 10/8/2012 9:30:50 PM
SonicMonkeys posted...
I like PS+ but it's important to understand what you're actually paying for.

-Discounts used to universally be free for all PSN users, and they used to be a lot better than they are with PS+ now. Would you be grateful if Wendy's started charging for coupons to you?

-Most of the free games are old or bad or incomplete (90% are just trying to get people to spend tons of money to buy the full versions and DLC) Although there are exceptions.

-You are punished for buying games off of PSN. If they become one of the free rentals a month later you won't get anything for that month.

-Early access, betas, etc. are usually pretty damn terrible compared to the free demos everyone gets access too.

-Does anyone actually care about themes/avatars?

The only truly worthwhile things are the 1-2 good free game rentals every month or so (like Just Cause 2 or Outland for example) and cloud saves (which should be free if you're going to lock saves.... it's like blackmailing us to protect our save files) Everything else is value neutral.

This guy made some of the best points in this whole topic and got completely ignored. There is no justice in the world.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#76agrissaPosted 10/8/2012 11:03:45 PM
Seifer_us posted...
SonicMonkeys posted...

-Discounts used to universally be free for all PSN users, and they used to be a lot better than they are with PS+ now. Would you be grateful if Wendy's started charging for coupons to you?

-Most of the free games are old or bad or incomplete (90% are just trying to get people to spend tons of money to buy the full versions and DLC) Although there are exceptions.

-You are punished for buying games off of PSN. If they become one of the free rentals a month later you won't get anything for that month.

-Early access, betas, etc. are usually pretty damn terrible compared to the free demos everyone gets access too.

The only truly worthwhile things are the 1-2 good free game rentals every month or so (like Just Cause 2 or Outland for example) and cloud saves (which should be free if you're going to lock saves.... it's like blackmailing us to protect our save files) Everything else is value neutral.

This guy made some of the best points in this whole topic and got completely ignored. There is no justice in the world.

Yes there is my friend! Too bad I can't give him a cookie for the intelligent and truthful post.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#77king_maddenPosted 10/8/2012 11:40:19 PM
SonicMonkeys posted...

-discounts werent always for everyone. games were just marked down, like they still are now, well a handful are. those games are available to everyone, and still is. as far as wendys goes, theres probably a lot of people who would pay $50 a year if it got them constant money off of the food they purchased at wendys lol.

-most places wouldnt offer the latest greatest games that are selling very well at the time, but when a company wants exposure for their game, and put it out there, you usually want to throw out the games that are sometimes over looked by many, as well as some games that were loved by many. If i made a game and it didnt sell well, i would ask for it to be on there, true people will say "that game sucks", but there will be some who find a gem, and mission accomplished.

-wait you are being punished because you bought a game that just so happened to be free a month later? thats like saying you were punished for buying a tv that went on sale, a month later. it happens, thats not "punishing" anyone.

-im not one of them, but there are people who jump through loops to get early access, and beta access. I understand your opinion is their pretty bad, but there are others who disagree.

-i personally hate themes and avatars, but i learned the hard way that some people love those things to the point where they felt including those for pre orders bonuses would sway their purchase, and argued with me to the death for it.

its like people dont realize, its easy to sit back and critique every little move a company makes, but its much harder to be a giant company and have to release things to society. its impossible to please everyone.
#78NSYNCPosted 10/9/2012 11:47:26 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
How so? $50 on Gamefly will get you two games out at a time for two months. Unless you do nothing but play games, at most, you will get and beat 6 games.

Think about what you just said and then apply that logic to PS+ and the lack of choice you have. You can also opt for the 1-at-a-time plan for 3 months, not two discs for two months. The "Plus discounts" are pointless and for the impatient since eventually regular PSN members get them too in the form of weekly sales or price drops. Avatars and themes are laughable.

You can also spend that $50 on Gamefly over a period of time to cover the release window of games you actually want to play. The better value is $50 in Gamefly, but that's not to say PS+ is a ripoff although it's pretty close.
#79darkshadowmasterPosted 10/9/2012 11:52:49 AM
You can also spend that $50 on Gamefly over a period of time to cover the release window of games you actually want to play. The better value is $50 in Gamefly, but that's not to say PS+ is a ripoff although it's pretty close.

Completely agree with this. I definitely prefer actually getting a game that I chose rather than being offered some random game (that I normally already own)
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#80Dual BladePosted 10/9/2012 11:54:09 AM
Gold is a ripoff service tbh

25 cent gift? 1-2% rebate? Paid online gaming WITH dashboard ads?

PS+: 1GB cloud, weekly discounts on titles (usually 20-30%, sometimes 50%), free games until sub ends ( $5/month which gets diluted HEAVILY week by week)
---
Playing: God of War Saga, Tales of Graces F