This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 or Prometheus tomorrow?

#41SomnusNemorisPosted 10/8/2012 11:35:12 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
damn, I remember when Prometheus was the hater flavor of the month when it came out. Now it's a goddamn masterpiece, eh?

Next month when Black Ops 2 is released, I expect RE6 to be unanimously declared GOTY!

This is true. I'm quite shocked at the love for it in this topic considering everyone hated it at the time.
#42TheWarHorsePosted 10/8/2012 11:42:46 PM
Prometheus. It was actually pretty entertaining. It's not something I'd buy on day one though. Maybe if it's on sale during the holidays.
RE6.. f*** no. I rented that garbage and would never be douchey enough to suggest somebody wasting their money on that piece of s***. Chris and Jake's campaigns are two of the most mind numbingly dumb gaming campaigns I've played in years. RE6 actually made RE5 look like a good game by comparison.. and RE5 was awful.
---
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME
#43Gatchan2Posted 10/8/2012 11:44:14 PM
Did anyone see the deleted scenes from Prometheus? I dont think they should have deleted them. Especially *SPOILERS*

The scene where they wake up the Engineer. They explain more in that scene.
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#44crazyman32Posted 10/8/2012 11:48:27 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
damn, I remember when Prometheus was the hater flavor of the month when it came out. Now it's a goddamn masterpiece, eh?

Next month when Black Ops 2 is released, I expect RE6 to be unanimously declared GOTY!

This is true. I'm quite shocked at the love for it in this topic considering everyone hated it at the time.

That is Gamefaqs for you always shifting the trolling around to whatever suits them best.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#45TehTrumpCardPosted 10/8/2012 11:48:34 PM
Well Prometheus is leagues scarier than Resident Evil 5, I mean 6.
---
Only the person who has wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history. It's funnier that man exceeds the speed of light than fish start living on land.
#46CBratePosted 10/9/2012 12:06:05 AM(edited)
Completely forgot they hadn't gotten to their 6th movie yet.
Thought the topic was comparing 2 movies.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 153 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: me3x12
#47realskillz1990Posted 10/9/2012 1:02:58 AM
NaturalCalamity posted...
Comparing a $15 movie to a $60 game...really?

I was thinking the same thing wtf is wrong with these ppl
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#48caffiend7Posted 10/9/2012 1:11:55 AM
Get RE6 I saw Prometheus and I remember before it came out it looked good........after I saw it from start to finish..........one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I've seen movies like Cabin Fever and the first Twilight Movie(only movie ever to put me to sleep). At least with RE6 you'll hopefully have fun.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#49RintonPosted 10/9/2012 1:18:55 AM
Didn't see Cabin In The Woods, but it's a Joss Whedon film so it's probably better than it appears (it appears bad.)

SPOILERS.
Prometheus is impossible to watch. It's BEAUTIFUL to look at, but none of it makes any sense because Ridley Scott chose not to put the crux of his story (Jesus being an alien) in the film because the studio believed audience reactions would be negative. Without the Jesus piece, it just kind of falls apart. There were a lot of tragic choices here... There should have been 1 ripley, not 2 sort-of-ripleys. The guy with the map shouldn't be the guy who gets lost. The biologist shouldn't run from the 2,000 year old dead alien head when that's specifically why he was a part of the mission. Someone on the ship should have been aware when characters started dying off (life monitors? I saw Aliens.) Why were the engineers running into the room with the black goo? Was the black goo chasing them? No? What was chasing them then? What about the green goo in the begining of the movie? Is that the same as the black goo? Why would they create a map 33,000 years before they decided to kill all the humans to a WMD facility in space for humans to find?

There are a thousand and one plot holes that doom the film. It wasn't thought provoking, it was dumb. When Ridley Scott releases his directors cut with an hour and a half of extra footage, I'm sure it'll be friggin brilliant, but the theatrical release just sucks.
#50spike17spiegelPosted 10/9/2012 1:22:13 AM
Prometheus 4 disk special. RE6...been had that. Good game too...yea I said it.
---
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."