This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your favorite JRPG this gen?

#151Birth_By_SorrowPosted 10/9/2012 11:53:01 AM
Since it came out in 2008 (way into the life span of current gen consoles) it's by far Persona 4.
#152darkmega703Posted 10/9/2012 11:53:54 AM
My all tine favorite of this gen has to be devil survivor 1 and 2. I played and beat it multiple times.
---
Will a human turn into a god, or will a god turn into a human.
#153CloudStrife630(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 12:01:01 PM
I need one more game and I will have the top 10.

Either Dragons Dogma or DQIX.
---
http://i.minus.com/ipN9gpNhMOxuc.gif
#154ninkendoPosted 10/9/2012 12:09:08 PM
Xenoblade
Dark Souls
Tales of Vesperia
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvcl59RiOU1qcksup.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/CaptainRockman.png
#155Dragonfist17Posted 10/9/2012 12:13:46 PM
darkmega703 posted...
My all tine favorite of this gen has to be devil survivor 1 and 2. I played and beat it multiple times.

Those were pretty great games. I love the first one especially, but my vote would have to go to Tales of Vesperia. Such a great game, and it helped restore my faith in JRPs after the disappointment that was FFXIII. Unfortunately seeing as how this is the PS3 board, and neither Devil Survivor or Tales of Vesperia were on PS3... does Valkyria Chronicles count?
#156NezrubBehemothPosted 10/9/2012 12:18:58 PM
Nier.

Also while Dark Souls is made in Japan I would say it is made in the Western style compared to the Eastern one.
#157jubjub360Posted 10/9/2012 12:26:52 PM
hijokaiden posted...
gadragod posted...
I really tend to stay away from JRPG's, but I really enjoyed Dragon's Dogma.

You enjoyed Dragon's Dogma even though you dislike JRPG, for the good reason that Dragon's Dogma is not a JRPG.

You guys are now just being picky. Seriously. Just because there's no underage girls in skimpy outfits trying to beat some ridiculous tentacle monster and have a s****y story line does not mean that the whole genre is like that.

Yes I know that I generalized the genre but most of them are like that.
---
People who support SOPA to those who don't= 1:2
Type "I do not like SOPA" and I will add you to the count.
#158Bleach313Posted 10/9/2012 12:28:45 PM
Tales of Vesperia

The Tales of series always suprises me with how much content they put in those games. I seriously put over 4 playthroughs on TOV. The Tales of series brings me back to old JRPG days where after beating the game theirs literally hours of things to do after beating it. Another contender for my #1 spot was Disgaea 4 but TOV was just my ultimately thought of what was better.

No matter how long I play either the Tales of series or the Disgaea series I would never be able to tell someone which one I like better.
#159ZephyriuumPosted 10/9/2012 12:28:54 PM
Tales of Vesperia,the best JRPG i`ve played until now,there ain`t much jrpg this gen,i miss the PS2 times,even though i still have it....
---
"Even if I can't can't see you even if we're separated for a long time, I'll always be watching you!, I'll always be watching over you" - Makarov
#160eatmorepeepsPosted 10/9/2012 12:29:19 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Tales of Vesperia. It quickly became one of my favorite games ever. Now I'm busy hunting down all the other Tales games! Hopefully they will be as much fun!