This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your favorite JRPG this gen?

#171hijokaidenPosted 10/9/2012 1:52:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#172hijokaidenPosted 10/9/2012 1:53:42 PM
JPOP is japanese pop, but it has it's own style which would be considered silly and effeminate outside of Japan, same with JRPG it is a RPG shaped with far eastern fashion and style and not restricted to a country, as it's been showed by western developped JRPGs like Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled, Pier Solar etc.

The usual complaints you expect to hear in JRPG aren't the ones you would hear about WRPGs, this is why Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Dragon's Dogma are WRPG while Magna Carta 2 is JRPG even if it's made in Korea and has all the usual complaints that are so typical of JRPGs regardless of their countries of origin.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#173941BlazePosted 10/9/2012 2:06:10 PM
FF XIII
---
I came to Gamefaqs to make a signature, and slog through troll topics
And I just made my signature
#174Gatchan2Posted 10/9/2012 2:10:08 PM
hijokaiden posted...
JPOP is japanese pop, but it has it's own style which would be considered silly and effeminate outside of Japan

Except Korea (KPOP) , masters of copycatting.

open condom style
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#175Cloud_strife_15Posted 10/9/2012 2:13:31 PM
First : Tales of Graces f
Second : Tales of Vesperia

Also while FFXIII is a JRPG it's everything a JRPG shouldn't be, by that I'm looking at you linear paths, missing towns, little to no side quests, AND most importantly....graphics.. j/k on the last one.
#176TwilightKurughiPosted 10/9/2012 2:30:00 PM
Tales of Graces F
TWEWY or
Persona 4
any of those three i honestly don't see the big deal with xenoblade i've beaten it already, its decent but it doesnt really seem to meet all the praise it gets imo
#177The_DespairPosted 10/9/2012 2:30:14 PM
Resonance of Fate.

Cause I didn't play many jrpg this gen :/
#178hijokaidenPosted 10/9/2012 2:30:54 PM
Gatchan2 posted...
hijokaiden posted...
JPOP is japanese pop, but it has it's own style which would be considered silly and effeminate outside of Japan

Except Korea (KPOP) , masters of copycatting.

open condom style

Lol so true,

Manga? Manwha!

JPOP? KPOP!

JRPG? KRPG!
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#179hijokaidenPosted 10/9/2012 2:31:46 PM
Cloud_strife_15 posted...
Also while FFXIII is a JRPG it's everything a JRPG shouldn't be, by that I'm looking at you linear paths, missing towns, little to no side quests, AND most importantly....graphics.. j/k on the last one.

Final Fantasy XIII is JRPG through and through.
---
#180Sheria_KPosted 10/9/2012 2:58:36 PM
Jrpgs have an un-natural aspect against themselves this generation, the people who have a natural aversion against modern anime and the traits that follow them
---
Currently Playing: Mugen Souls (EU)