This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there is no PS4, what will you do next generation?

#1icewolf74Posted 10/9/2012 7:46:05 AM(edited)
If for some unknown reason Sony doesn't make a PS4, what will you do for your gaming needs come next-generation? Will you get Microsoft's next gaming console, get a Wii U or just stick with your PS3?

I will probably just get Microsoft's next-generation console to go along side my PS3. The Wii U looks cool but knowing Nintendo's past tract record of securing games that I like, I am afraid that I won't have much to play outside of 1st party games. Also, I am not REALLY that big of a fan of that huge tablet controller. Then again, I do like Japanese created action and RPG games and Microsoft sees very little of those on their consoles. However, it does get a lot more adult-orientated games that I like too. I am just not a fan of Microsoft and their finicky console lifespans.

So I guess it would be just a flip of a coin and get the one I wanted at that time. :D

What would you do if Sony doesn't release the PS4?
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/9/2012 7:45:50 AM
Stick with my PC.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#3jewel of openPosted 10/9/2012 7:47:07 AM
PC
---
See you on Phantasy Star Online 2
http://www.planetside2.com/
#4icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 7:47:16 AM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Stick with my PC.

Well there is that option too, but I am sure not many people have the funds to build a good gaming quality PC that runs everything at maximum settings that will only last for a couple of years before being outdated. ;)
#5toadiemanPosted 10/9/2012 7:48:01 AM
Backlog
---
PSN: toadieman
#6lambchipsPosted 10/9/2012 7:48:38 AM
i dont plan on getting a ps4 after what happened this gen with the 360/ps3...
i'll stick to pc (for the next gen experience)
and
handhelds (for the portable experience)

i'll pick up a wiiu in a few years for the nintendo/innovative experience

i only need 1 system to play traditional games
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#7este914Posted 10/9/2012 7:48:46 AM
Stick with my PS3 + 360 .. Also the various elder systems I still use frequently
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#8jewel of openPosted 10/9/2012 7:52:51 AM(edited)
icewolf74 posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Stick with my PC.

Well there is that option too, but I am sure not many people have the funds to build a good gaming quality PC that runs everything at maximum settings that will only last for a couple of years before being outdated. ;)

if you can buy a launch console with controllers and games you can build a PC fine.

also the PC should last you more than a "couple" years to play almost game you want. it will be "outdated" but nothing lowering the settings a little cant fix. If youre a snob and cant live with your self if you cant have everything on MAX then you might have to upgrade.
---
See you on Phantasy Star Online 2
http://www.planetside2.com/
#9doraemonllh1989Posted 10/9/2012 7:54:49 AM
maybe pc i guess,not really into xbox since the rrod fiasco last time
---
my opinion is fact.
if you criticize my grammar,you basically admitted that my reasoning and logic is better than yours
#10ramseanPosted 10/9/2012 7:55:43 AM
I always end up getting all the consoles anyway, It just means one less to buy
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFVII, Journey
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines