The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dayyuummm why do some physical copy PS1 games cost so MUCH?

#1ShadowkhNinjaPosted 10/9/2012 10:55:50 AM
Was thinking of buying physical copies of some of the Final Fantasy games instead of buying them off PSN.

Go to check some sites and stores in my area and everyone is selling used copies of FF VII for like

40-50 + bucks!!!

New they go for like 80 bucks or more.

WTH?

Why are old PS1 games that are the most famous ps1 games, among the most sold PS1 games sold at such a high price?

I could understand if only a few were printed and they were rare but its like saying I can't find Super Smash Bros Melee the gamecubes most sold game for anything less than 40 bucks used!

I seriously don't understand this.
and they fact they cost less on psn makes me not want to buy physical copies...
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/9/2012 10:56:24 AM
Collector's value.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#3anonymous46773Posted 10/9/2012 10:57:07 AM
Because they generally don't print copies of them anymore.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 10:57:52 AM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Collector's value.

yeah but still

Greatest Hits / Platinum games = most sold famous games.

They should have so many copies available for cheaper prices.
---
-Snake Plissken-
#5ShadowkhNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 10:58:20 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
Because they generally don't print copies of them anymore.

they should like they did with Xenogears and Castlevania a few years ago.
---
-Snake Plissken-
#6toadiemanPosted 10/9/2012 10:58:40 AM
Buy used in good condition then.
---
PSN: toadieman
#7Lazy JonesPosted 10/9/2012 10:58:44 AM
Actually FFVII is a rare game to find in it's physical form. I guess because they stopped producing it, but it's still a very popular game, so it's hard to find. Check it out on ebay. I think the same things happened to street fighter III for PS2, but it didn't have as big a following.
---
This is gonna sound weird, but for a second, I think you took on the shape of a unicorn
PSN:drpokerface
#8656stoogePosted 10/9/2012 10:59:27 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suikoden-II-2-Playstation-1-PS1-Brand-New-VGA-90-Gold-Rating-/400325112532?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5d353c72d4
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdE_VnA4_3I&feature=related
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif
#9RainbowsaurusPosted 10/9/2012 10:59:56 AM
There's local stores around where I live where I can buy those for $10-$20. You'll pay way more than you should buying any old game off the internet.
---
~Nathan Drake, the most gorgeous man in all of gaming~
PSN:Rain_Bow_saurus|XBL:(Coming Soon)|Wii/DS/3DS FC:Message me :D
#10theshovellerPosted 10/9/2012 11:00:27 AM
Hard to find. With digital, there's an infinite supply of "copies." It's just data - bits and bytes of ones and zeroes. With physical copies, there's only so many ever made. If the game's out of production, then the "finite number" is in place, and any copies are only going to decline in number, never increase unless a reprinting or repressing of the disc is made.

It's one of the reasons why some comics are worth money, but others aren't. It's a combination of rarity, what happens in the comic, and a few other factors. The original comic with Superman is expensive because it's rare, it's Superman's first appearance, and it's old. The first appearance of, say, the new half-black Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe probably won't be worth as much because it's newer, people who think it'll be worth money probably bought a few copies to "hold onto," and it's a replacement of the main character in an off-shoot universe, not the main universe.

Mind you, comics and video games are a bit different, but the basic principle is the same. If it's hard to find, it'll be worth some money. If it's good on top of that, it's worth more money.