The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enchanted Arms has got to be the most hilarious JRPG I've played on PS3.

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 10/10/2012 5:55:35 AM
Seriously, the game has the most awkwardly written script I've ever witnessed. It's like talking to your friend or something. Every conversation feels like a joke. Sometimes I think they were parodying themselves. The only time it isn't funny is when something Really serious happens (like when someone dies or a city gets destroyed).

Do you agree? What's the funniest JRPG you've played on PS3? (I'm talking funny all throughout. Not just one tiny part.)

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2BroDudeJaggiesPosted 10/10/2012 6:08:46 AM
Here

we

go

AGAIN
---
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians
#3carsaucePosted 10/10/2012 6:11:57 AM
None, Legend of Heroes :Trails in the Sky has funny conversation but only on PSP
so for PS3, none, I always wondered if this game is good, and now that you said funny, I might want to get this game,even though its now old, I'm gonna check this game out on youtube.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#4mumpsy21Posted 10/10/2012 7:10:12 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Seriously, the game has the most awkwardly written script I've ever witnessed. It's like talking to your friend or something. Every conversation feels like a joke. Sometimes I think they were parodying themselves. The only time it isn't funny is when something Really serious happens (like when someone dies or a city gets destroyed).

Do you agree? What's the funniest JRPG you've played on PS3? (I'm talking funny all throughout. Not just one tiny part.)

Was it fun though? I read the back of the game and the description makes the gameplay seem fun.
---
"His thing is so small, if it was an iPod, it would be a shuffle."
#5AlltraPosted 10/10/2012 7:17:18 AM(edited)
Honestly, that sounds awful.

I mean, every other JRPG is like that, and it's a trait I happen to have grown disgusted with.

Maybe if they'd taken things more seriously, instead of being a bunch of clowns, the town wouldn't have been destroyed, and nobody would have died.

But hey, that's what you get when you cast a bunch of 12 year olds into an adult role.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#6carsaucePosted 10/10/2012 7:54:29 AM
Wow thanks Junpei, I'm never gonna listen to others on here ever again when they say such a game is bad, this game looks so much fun and more like a PS2 title that ended up on the PS3 and 360, seen this game many times in the store and neglected it, but I was wrong...I'm so getting this game.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#7superbowl54Posted 10/10/2012 8:08:47 AM
I didn't know that was even a quality of Enchanted Arms, it's more of a parody?

I'm sad nobody has mentioned Hyperdimension Neptunia yet, even the first one, alot of the conversations and game references were clever and funny I thought.

Try those games out if you like funny JRPGs that don't take themselves too seriously. (warning on the first one though: the gameplay is atrocious)
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Uncharted 3, Metro 2033, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Dragon's Dogma
#8ConsequentiaPosted 10/10/2012 9:40:22 AM
Enchanted Arms is massively underrated, in my opinion. Great game.
#9Kingmichael1337Posted 10/10/2012 9:43:25 AM
BroDudeJaggies posted...
Here

we

go

AGAIN

agreed. another thread that aint even about xcom
---
the mods are watching me
#10pokemon_45_79_1Posted 10/10/2012 9:45:11 AM
I agree Enchanted Arms is a great game love it, its just sad that a certain boss in the 360 version didn't get the special boss song that the ps3 version got, as its the best one in the game, two other boss songs are right up there as very good.
---
Ryoma / Sora/ Naruto/ Ginta/ Lan/ luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.