This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enchanted Arms has got to be the most hilarious JRPG I've played on PS3.

#11carsaucePosted 10/10/2012 11:19:19 AM
Once again thanks Junpei, and everyone else who praises this game, I went out and got it, I cannot wait to play it=)
I can't believe I ignored this game for a very long time.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#12LionHeart823Posted 10/10/2012 11:22:13 AM
despite the hate for Enchanted Arms ... and the weirdness of the story, I found it pretty enjoyable back then when it was first released. It really isn't as bad as most make it to be
---
~There are many worlds but they share the same sky~
One sky, One destiny. PSN: LionHeart1203
#13justchill433Posted 10/10/2012 11:27:43 AM
To everybody that is saying the game was great... stop lying. The game was terribly mediocre at best. That being said I had fun with it (probably more than I did with FF13).
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#14SightoPosted 10/10/2012 11:32:21 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Seriously, the game has the most awkwardly written script I've ever witnessed. It's like talking to your friend or something. Every conversation feels like a joke. Sometimes I think they were parodying themselves. The only time it isn't funny is when something Really serious happens (like when someone dies or a city gets destroyed).

Do you agree? What's the funniest JRPG you've played on PS3? (I'm talking funny all throughout. Not just one tiny part.)

If you're willing to try a WRPG you should check ou tthe Mass Effect series.
It's writing is also a huge joke. Very funny game, but the gameplay is pretty weak.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#15Gatchan2Posted 10/11/2012 9:02:22 PM
I would say there's probably funnier dialogue in Dragon Age Origins sooner than Mass Effect.
Of course South Park The Stick of Truth will change all that.
And yes Hyperdimension Neptunia has comedy but its of the more standard cliche Moe style though they did ham it up a bit for the localization.

And the game with the most awkward dialogue hands down has got to be Deadly Premonition. A psychological analytic monologue about Tom & Jerry cartoons?
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#16Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 4:32:38 AM(edited)
mumpsy21 posted...
Was it fun though? I read the back of the game and the description makes the gameplay seem fun.

The battle gameplay is a tiny notch above being ordinary, but it's still fun enough to play. Not too simple. Not too complex. It has it's own identity. "Speed Tactics" lives up to its name.

I smiled when I saw a CGI cutscene again. It was awesome. Maybe this is the reason why I play a lot of "2007" PS3 games. It's because of the confidence of Japanese developers to put expensive CGI cutscenes in their games.

I'm typing "SPOILERS" in this post just for insurance: (This was shown near the beginning of the game; After the tutorial.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJRQF4tsHE

*You could really feel the impact of the scene when she transformed into that robot thing, and the music started playing. Frozen innards splattering through.... Ewwww....

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#17RE4_StrangerPosted 10/12/2012 4:45:40 AM
I don' understand how people can claim to be jrpg fans and then say this is a good game. This game along with other offenders like last remnant, infinite undiscovery and more are atrocious jrpgs let alone games. Real fans of the genre know this.
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh
#18UniversquallPosted 10/12/2012 4:51:29 AM
Those two games are good. They were deliberately not meant to be successful. But they were good.
---
After the Fallout
#194dfmaEFPosted 10/12/2012 4:56:25 AM
BroDudeJaggies posted...
Here

we

go

AGAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5iugfTiIk
---
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
#20RE4_StrangerPosted 10/12/2012 5:56:31 AM
Universquall posted...
Those two games are good. They were deliberately not meant to be successful. But they were good.

Games deliberately meant to not be successful... oh wait you are being sarcastic.
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh